Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will my OEM switches work with aftermarket clip-ons like woodcraft or driven? :confused: just not sure about bar diameter.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
yes, they will fit; tho you will have to drill locating holes in the bars or grind off the locating posts from the controls.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I ground the posts off my 748 when I converted to LSL riser clip-ons. If you go this route (much easier) put black electrical tape or double sided tape (either should work) around the inner diameter of the switch housing where it clamps the bars. This will make it a tighter fit and provide some grip so that the switches don't move. Has worked perfect for me so far.

Good luck with the swap!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I used the Ducati handle bar tubes in the after market clip on mounts. Much easier than drilling new holes!

·
Registered
680 Posts
The plastic switches will form to fit, stock bars are 22mm and most aftermarket are 7/8". Why you cant slip a woodcraft bar into a stock clip on. Dont ever grind the throttle locating pin a a single throttle cable bike like the 748/996 because if the tube ever gets a little loose the throttle will slide off the end of the bar which will cause WOT!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
yes it's fine to drill holes in the carbon, its a very tiny hole. Just take your drill bits, find the one that fits the tightest in holes on the factory handlebar, thats the size you need. First install the brake and clutch master cylinders, to the correct position that you want them and then mark the holes with a pen, or something with a tiny tip. Drill the hole and fit the equipment. very simple process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Somewhat new to the site and rather than opening a new tópic I decided to post my question here....
I purchased aftermarquet bars to use with the stock clip ons, I get that I have to drill holes for the controls but how about the part where it attaches to the clip on, the stock bar has a cut so one of the screws goes in!
Do I have grind down the bar?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Somewhat new to the site and rather than opening a new tópic I decided to post my question here....
I purchased aftermarquet bars to use with the stock clip ons, I get that I have to drill holes for the controls but how about the part where it attaches to the clip on, the stock bar has a cut so one of the screws goes in!
Do I have grind down the bar?

Thanks
A good way to do this is to clamp the handlebars in a vice next to each other and drill down into the center of the two.

Do this before drilling the holes for the controls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gotcha, need to order some new grips and was thinking on getting a motion pro or domino throttle! Im going to wait until I get everything so I can install all parts at the same time!
Thanks for the help!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts