Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at this picture. The foot peg is screwed up so it points down. I want to just replace the foot peg and pin.

Do you think there is something wrong with the plate where the pin goes through or do they normally look like this?
See on the left where there is a lip. Was that caused by casting or what?

Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That "lip" looks like a repair weld.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The pin should go through the hole on the opposite side and then held in place by an E or C clip.

Looks like some one has monkeyed around with rearset. Also the hole opposite the head side of the pin looks ovalized causing a crack on the mounting bracket. You might need to replace the whole thing. Can you take a side picture of the hole where you say there is a flange. The stock mounting bracket does not have a flange!

-Fariborz

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your rearset is bad. The ear on the left is cracked which is letting the stop slide out of the grove & therefore point down. Don't fret, you can get the whole assembly on ebay for $25.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mig1221 said:
Your rearset is bad. The ear on the left is cracked which is letting the stop slide out of the grove & therefore point down. Don't fret, you can get the whole assembly on ebay for $25.
Excellent description. That is just what I was thinking. I do not have the bike in my possesion yet so I am just going by the pics.

I haven't found it on ebay for $25. The best I found so far is $88.
Does anyone have an extra OEM rear set or cheep after market rear sets? What aftermarket rear sets do you recommend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
What side and what model bike? I had a similar situation with a footpeg, but in my case, the bracket was fine, but the two spots that prevent the peg from rotating any more were rubbed off. I had to get it welded.....and still need to do final filing/shaping. I have a set of aftermarket pegs on the factory brackets, now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the left side on a 749.

I thought it might just be the spots rubbed off, but from the pic it looks like the ear is cracked.

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW, upon inspecting the rearset, I found the tab to be cracked. So I do need to get a new rearset. I will look around for an OEM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts