Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the right section of the forum but oh well here it goes.

So i need to change my in tank fuel filter now while the pump is out, i WANT an oem filer but i was going to buy a napa and say good. Only because it seems the MAHLE filer is $20 on EBAY!! are you kidding me, i saw it for $42.28 on amazon right nw in the advertsment window. So here's what a bit of searching found
Mahle KL 13 OF Fuel Filter | Autoplicity

i spent $3.32 shipped.

thought id share.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,444 Posts
That's a nice find. I thought the OEM was a metal canister, no? I wonder how the plastic will hold up to ethanol blended fuels.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
That is not the OEM filter. Although, you don't say what bike you need a filter for. I'll assume it's a later model FI bike. I did a quick search and found no specs on that filter, but I can tell you there is no way I'd use a plastic filter on a high pressure FI system, let alone one that lives in the tank. Might work, but no...

This is the correct (OEM) filter for many Ducatis like the 916 series, ST, Monster etc. Mahle KL 145. It is a metal canister and rated to handle the pressure at the fuel pump's output.

The NAPA filter would have been an exponentially better choice than the plastic one you ordered. Use the plastic one for your lawn mower, and get the correct filter.

Reactions: Shazaam

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got that wrong, supposed to be a KL 97 Mahle. still a plastic filter on the output side of course. this is on a 08 hyper 1100. my mistake looking for the right one now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts