Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I took apart my bike today. It's a 2005 749 dark and I noticed that I have 2 different fairing stays. Please see pictures below for details. Can anyone tell me which one is the correct one? thanks in advance.

left fairing stay:

right fairing stay:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hard to say , the angle from the top pic vs the lower pic is different .
One way to tell would be to look at your bike at the same angle .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the left has a different bend than the right one. i did some research and i found the following:

current left fairing stay i have part number is 829.1.385.1
current right fairing stay i have part number is 829.3.384.1

online i found:
left fairing stay part number is 829.2.385.1
right fairing stay part number is 829.2.384.1

·
Registered
857 Posts
03-04 fairing stays are different than 05-07 (Wider) fairing stays. May be the previous owner dropped it, and used an older one instead. I would imagine your nose cowl would look weird..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
03-04 fairing stays are different than 05-07 (Wider) fairing stays. May be the previous owner dropped it, and used an older one instead. I would imagine your nose cowl would look weird..
yes it did. it was angled to the left. so do you know which one am i suppose to use?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have both 05 and 03 stays at home, although different sides. I will take a picture tomorrow, and let you know which one is which or you could just look up some pictures online and notice the difference of the design. IIRC, the holes in the stays are different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the pics. i did a little more research and found out that 03-04 fairing stay part number ends with 1AC while 05+ ends with 1CA.

·
Registered
857 Posts
your left is 05-06
your right is 03-04
+1. BUT, make sure that's true for the Dark models. I think, and I say I think, the 05 dark used 04 fairing stays. NOT SURE. Any Dark owners?

maybe the mod will be nice to you and change the title to 749D, to get some attention from D owners :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts