Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I just got a set of High-Mount OEM Superlight exhaust. I want to decore them and already got rid of the rivets and end caps but can't get the actual baffle out! :mad: I have used a rubber mallet and tapped them all over around hoping that it would become loose but no success!! Can someone shed some light and tell me how to remove the baffles? I will certainly appreciate your help on this. ;)

Vickon:abduct:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hiya

Did mine about a year back, they will have years of crap & carbon in there & wont fall out by any means! Had to beat mine out with some bits of wood and Big Hammers... :rolleyes:

MUFFLER MOD

·
Registered
954 Posts
Above was a random link I had on my desktop... I got the middles out and then cut through a section with my grinder & a 1mm stainless cutting disc.

There is a series of staggered baffles inside, you need to cut through the end one for best effect.

Wrapped it all back up with some heatproof foil duct-tape and re-assembled...

Can looks original from the outside? (Officer) :D

·
Registered
954 Posts

The ZDM A04/B04 cans have this baffle spotwelded in the end - a few minutes work with a dremel and you can pull the baffle clear - GOOD sound! ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
@ 470four, did you rejet? I've been umming and erring about doing this mod for a bit of time. All I want is a better sound, not bothered about performance. (I'm missing the other forum :()

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can Decoring...

Hey 470four, thank you very much! Nothing but the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Just what I needed!

Off to work! :D in the garage!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OEM Can Decoring...

@ 470four, did you rejet? I've been umming and erring about doing this mod for a bit of time. All I want is a better sound, not bothered about performance. (I'm missing the other forum :()
Hi yets, I have the jet-kit since my previous Low-Mount cans were "decored" and bike ran excellent!! Remember one thing (which I'm not too sure) if it would make a BIG difference but I am in the Florida State, U.S.A. @(sea level), maybe depending on your location it COULD make a difference! Again, my bike has run perfect with the decored OEM exhaust and Jet-Kit.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hiya!

Me too... :)

Bike had a stage1 Dynojet kit & filter fitted when I got it with the standard pipes (was a German import, original cans were TUV-pleasing HUGE great things!)

Now running Yosh carbon cans, plug colour is perfect! Should in theory fit a stage 2 for the cans but running fine at the mo? Good sound though with debaffled A04/B04 cans, still got them... Would recommend a stage 1 kit at LEAST.

·
Registered
293 Posts
470four, do you have any more pics of the removal of the baffles? Is it necessry to remove the rivets and the aluminum cover of the muffler or can it be done without further disassembly?

·
Registered
954 Posts
470four, do you have any more pics of the removal of the baffles? Is it necessry to remove the rivets and the aluminum cover of the muffler or can it be done without further disassembly?
The photo in post#4? Just remove the spotweld blob at (I think...) the bottom of the baffle and they pull out! Can be done with the cans on the bike, remember to stuff some rags down them so they dont fill with filings tho. ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi yets, I have the jet-kit since my previous Low-Mount cans were "decored" and bike ran excellent!! Remember one thing (which I'm not too sure) if it would make a BIG difference but I am in the Florida State, U.S.A. @(sea level), maybe depending on your location it COULD make a difference! Again, my bike has run perfect with the decored OEM exhaust and Jet-Kit.

Hiya!

Me too... :)

Bike had a stage1 Dynojet kit & filter fitted when I got it with the standard pipes (was a German import, original cans were TUV-pleasing HUGE great things!)

Now running Yosh carbon cans, plug colour is perfect! Should in theory fit a stage 2 for the cans but running fine at the mo? Good sound though with debaffled A04/B04 cans, still got them... Would recommend a stage 1 kit at LEAST.
Thank you gentlemen.

Been trying to avoid going down the Dynojet route as a lot of tinkering is involved. I guess I will have to be the tinkerman! :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thank you gentlemen.

Been trying to avoid going down the Dynojet route as a lot of tinkering is involved. I guess I will have to be the tinkerman! :)
Get busy! :p

Weathers shite at the mo so you wont feel too bad about not riding it - am just about to seal my tank which should be good for a weeks faffing... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Get busy! :p

Weathers shite at the mo so you wont feel too bad about not riding it - am just about to seal my tank which should be good for a weeks faffing... :rolleyes:
Come rain or shine I have to ride the bad boy! It's my only mode of transport until I buy a second bike. Will be splitting the engine like you did once it comes

·
Registered
954 Posts
Pics:

The spotweld blob can be seen inbetween the baffle & the can endtube, can be dremeled off, or carefully centrepunched and drilled off?

Grab the baffle with some pipegrips, add WD40 or similar and wiggle it out... you r bike will now sound LOUD. ;)

Here's the ZDM code on the side:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts