Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

October BOTM 2022

5K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  bsetbacken 
#1 ·
Welcome to the October Bike of the Month Competition!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Congrats to our September winner, @jdaniele

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#3 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I purchased this 2002 748 from an eBay seller who had sold it 3 times and all the people backed out of the deal. I contacted him and went to see it. He had just had it serviced and had all the service records. It has 13000 miles and runs great. No leaks or any issues. I put new windscreen seatcowl carbon fiber I had from a 916 front rotors and also installed rims and new tires from a newer model . Not a fan of the three spoke rims. It's not the fastest bike in the garage but sure is fun to ri

#4 ·
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motorcycle

Grass Plant Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Recreation

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

2009 Hypermotard 1100 S with some bells and whistles, still evolving and serving from urban scooter to adv bike :D
Originally black with some custom fairing, seat cover (can sit for days on that couch), mirrors (originals just wont fit in trafic jams), sliders (it is just matter of time so get ready), ruber from pegs thrown away so MX boots can fit and then just enjoy wheel spins at 3rd during rain and laugh like an idiot 'cause its just soo much fun :D This beast can just get you anywhere feeling high from that analogue throttle feel. Howgh

#5 · (Edited)
Hey guys my Ducati 1299s panigale 2017
So i sold my Ducati 959 2018 and bought the 1299s 2017 two weeks later a fractured my skull
Eye socket and wrist I was off the bike for 12 weeks. The 1299s was completely stock and I went to work on it rite away
Termi slip on with tune boy map
CNC rear sets SBK
Sprockx sprockets all nuts titanium
DID 525 gold chain
Axel wheel nut black
CNC clutch pressure plate and clutch cover
Carbon rear hugger and swing arm cover
Carbon spring cover
TWM quick action petrol cap
TWM front brake protecter
Puig windshield
Domino grips
NRC fender eliminater
Also just done the 24km desmo service
8K later and still thinking what's next..

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Fuel tank White Automotive lighting Automotive tire

#6 ·
1993 Ducati Super Light

When I first saw one of these in the showroom back in the day I stood and stared for about half an hour, running the numbers in my head. I decided I didn't want to sell my 907 to buy one. I don't think I knew it was going to be a one year only model in the USA. In '95 I bought my first Super Sport. Then in 2000 I traded that bike in on a 996 Monoposto. They had red in stock, I made them find me a yellow one instead. Certainly trying to make up for missing out on an SL. Later on I got a '97 900ss/sp. And recently a '96 90ss track bike. I like Super Sports.

A year or two ago I looked for a Super Light again but never found anything suitable. I gave up. Unrelated to that, Ducati announced the V2 Street Fighter and I ordered one. That means I had to sell my current "everyday" bike. I placed the ad, it said "no trades". And then I got a long story offering a trade... for a Super Light.

It had been sitting unused in a garage for 20 years. the owner wasn't even local to the bike anymore. Didn't have any current pictures. Yeah, I was sure the thing was junk. I needed the money for the SF. I had an 851 to serve as my "classic twin" bike. I started writing a reply turning the guy down... but before I was finished I was asking for more info.

One thing led to another, and here it is. I had to sell my 851 but you can't keep them all. I thought the 851 might take a few weeks to sell. It sold in 45 minutes.

I spent a lot more time than I thought I would putting it back on the road. The swingarm was cracked. An ignition pick up was bad. It needed all the typical "sat for 20 years" stuff. The carbs gave me fits. But I finally got it on the road and put 75 miles on it before the season ended. No, 75 miles isn't much, but it's 75 more than anyone else has put on it in the past 20 years!

Some of the mods were done before I got it. Some were done by me. Here's how it sits now

Ohlins shock
FCR carbs
MOSFET Regulator
Lithium battery
Oversized battery cables
Braided brake and clutch lines
Afternarket clutch slave
CA Cycleworks coils
Corbin seat (the original was HORRIBLE)

#8 ·
Ducati ST4s ABS 2003
Hello! I bought my Ducati ST4s ABS from japan in 2015 with 18000km mileage, now mileage is 78000km. I liked his concept, and I decided not to sell him, but to make him the best!
From improvements:
Single sided swingarm from Ducati Monster S4R
Rear wheel from SBK998
Front fork from Ducati Monster S4R testastretta
Panigale 959 front calipers
Brembo PR16 clutch and Brembo PR18/19 brake machine
Dry clutch EVR 48t
Dry clutch plate CNC racing
Dry clutch cover Ducati Performance
Danmoto exhaust + Ducati Performance firmware
Saddle from Ducati ST3s
Quickshifter from Healtech iQSE (coil interruption)
I made all the modifications as if it were a factory version. In the future, I plan to change the exhaust to the original dp, install the fork Ohlins from Monster 1100s and freshen up the paint.
When I bought a motorcycle, no one in our city wanted to deal with a ducati, since only I and one other guy had a ducati, as a result, I had to maintain and repair the motorcycle myself. Renovating it, I fell in love with the creation of Italian engineers. And this motorcycle gave me the impetus to open a service for Italian motorcycles and promote this brand in my city. I am very grateful to my bike for introducing me to a large number of new friends and acquaintances. I decided not to sell it ever, since I invested more money and emotions in it than it could have cost, it will remain with me until the end of my life as my true friend!
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle
Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle
Sky Fuel tank Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire

#9 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

When I got it, it was a pro-thunder bkie that was sold when that series ended. Almost an RS. Raced it for a couple of years until we had a catastrophic day of racing. It is now still a very custom bike, lot of RS goodies, including the chrome moly frame, and with a 916 engine that uses 748RS heads, transmission, and all the lightened internal gearing. This was quite a project and after a lot of begging Ben Fox at Fox Performance Engines modified the HC pistons to accommodate the 748 bigger valves. Crank was lightened and the whole assy balanced while he was at it. Over the years of racing and crashing, I rebuilt this bike many times. The CF tank painted by Finishing Touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.