Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering ...............,after horror of the occ getting a ducati dealership a while back, has anyone been there to get there machesinis chromed yet,or there brembo brakes powdercoated,or perhaps even just to get flames cut in there fuel tank with the cnc 5 axis water hacker thingy???
------------------------.......................................----------------------:)

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I personally wanted Paulie to do me a Musolini tribute Duc.........Il Duce or something like that, they could do the gearbox so it had 6 reverse speeds:rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
We have not had anyone come in yet for custom parts, but we have been busy.

Since we opened we have been getting great feedback from all who have visited us, sold bikes to really good people, have had people come in to get their bikes repaired/worked on. One gentleman actually called us up on Sunday because he had a puncture on the radiator on his 08' 848 and needed something done by this Wednesday because he paid for a ride on Thursday. We did all we could and got a new radiator on his bike and ready to roll in 1 day. Needless to say the customer is very happy.

This last weekend we had our first ride with a local Ducati owners group which went great. I had the chance to ride the "Spider" Monster 1100 the whole day and all the work done on that bike really made it a blast to ride. The rear sets where a little racy, but I was kind of used to it from my R6 track bike. But yeah...the bike ripped. Everyone on the ride had a good time, and when we got back to the dealership we watched the Mugello round of MotoGP which turned out to be a great race.

All in all...it is great to have such a strong brand like Ducati here. We are 100% committed to making this a strong dealership and also a great place to come meet up with other riders.

If anyone wants to check out some pics of the dealership and the last ride check out our new Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Newburgh-NY/Ducati-Hudson-Valley/83556562267

All the best,
Eric
Ducati Hudson Valley
845-522-5212
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Great report. I hope it continues to work out well.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It was fun riding with you Eric, that Monster could get up and go :)

Paul

·
Registered
165 Posts
We have not had anyone come in yet for custom parts, but we have been busy.

Since we opened we have been getting great feedback from all who have visited us, sold bikes to really good people, have had people come in to get their bikes repaired/worked on. One gentleman actually called us up on Sunday because he had a puncture on the radiator on his 08' 848 and needed something done by this Wednesday because he paid for a ride on Thursday. We did all we could and got a new radiator on his bike and ready to roll in 1 day. Needless to say the customer is very happy.

This last weekend we had our first ride with a local Ducati owners group which went great. I had the chance to ride the "Spider" Monster 1100 the whole day and all the work done on that bike really made it a blast to ride. The rear sets where a little racy, but I was kind of used to it from my R6 track bike. But yeah...the bike ripped. Everyone on the ride had a good time, and when we got back to the dealership we watched the Mugello round of MotoGP which turned out to be a great race.

All in all...it is great to have such a strong brand like Ducati here. We are 100% committed to making this a strong dealership and also a great place to come meet up with other riders.

If anyone wants to check out some pics of the dealership and the last ride check out our new Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Newburgh-NY/Ducati-Hudson-Valley/83556562267

All the best,
Eric
Ducati Hudson Valley
845-522-5212
[email protected]
What a great response Eric!
The Customer / dealer relationship is all about the enthusiasm you bring to our hobby. The passion and expertise you show in your post will bring success to you, I am sure. Keep up the good work!

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Indeed.

Thanks for the report Eric.
You will find the Ducati crowd here on ducati.ms to be a nice crowd of riders where ideas are kicked around alot and there is TONS of knowledge of what works and what doesn´t in terms of Styling, Power and other things.

Having a high presence will definatly give alot back aswell as giving good leads for new business. Sort of the things you do locally at the dealership will convert well to this site aswell. Just ask Motowheels.. :)

//amullo
Stockholm, Sweden - Home of Öhlins and ISR

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Very cool! Any upcoming episodes featuring any Ducati details? :think:

·
Registered
65 Posts
It was fun riding with you Eric, that Monster could get up and go :)
Thanks Paul! It was great riding with you as well. You were hustling that ST3 around like a mad man! Awesome skills indeed. :)

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback. I had the chance so far to ride a 09 Hyper and the Monster 1100. It would be a tough choice between the two cause both are such a blast in their own way.

Tomorrow on TLC at 9PM is the Ducati episode. It focuses on the dealership and the Monster that OCC and the folks from Ducati USA built. This is the same bike I rode all day this last Sunday on our ride, so it will be cool to see it being built on the show.

Thanks again everyone,
Eric

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's cool that they have a passion for all bikes. Love the show

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm sorry you had to ride that thing around. I know your East, I'm West.... My eyes are bleeding buy what you did to that Monster. Sorry, you seem like a good sport, so please don't take my comments to heart. Monsters are a great bike, with a base to do endless modding to. I just don't get the rear tail. Looks like a trunk for a helmet!

PLEASE... take your R&D and look to find new products that make the bikes run better, faster, and longer and for cheaper! Less focus on what crap you can bolt on this bike. There is enough "bolt on" stuff and less then 5% is actually performance.

Performance.... performance... performance= GOOD

Paint... bolt on.... more paint.... chrome.... more bolt on.... custom leather stitched seats= BAD

I'll be keeping my eye on you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I'm sorry you had to ride that thing around. I know your East, I'm West.... My eyes are bleeding buy what you did to that Monster. Sorry, you seem like a good sport, so please don't take my comments to heart. Monsters are a great bike, with a base to do endless moding to. I just don't get the rear tail. Looks like a trunk for a helmet!

PLEASE... take your R&D and look to find new produts that make the bikes run better, faster, and longer and for cheaper! Less focus on what crap you can bolt on this bike. There is enough "bolt on" stuff and less then 5% is actually performance.

Performance.... perfromance... perfromance= GOOD

Paint... bolt on.... more paint.... chrome.... more bolt on.... custom leather stiched seats= BAD

I'll be keeping my eye on you guys.
I am as guilty of the occasional typo as the next guy, especially when typing passionately, but honestly, before you choose to dump on another's style choices, and thereby seek to set yourself up as a judge of what is "good" or "bad," keep an eye on your spelling first. Honestly, your computer should indicate possible misspelled words before you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Just a suggestion . . .

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Oh man, people have been customizing Monsters since they came out! What's the big deal!??!? I love that Monster "Spider"! It's way cool!!! Even Ducati makes Monster "specials" once in a while... Ducati isn't all about going faster or what ever. They've long since realized it's Style and Fashion also.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Oh man, people have been customizing Monsters since they came out! What's the big deal!??!? I love that Monster "Spider"! It's way cool!!! Even Ducati makes Monster "specials" once in a while... Ducati isn't all about going faster or what ever. They've long since realized it's Style and Fashion also.

I'm not saying that modding is bad... but taste is definitely an issue here! On the West coast we usually focus more on the performance end while our East coast friends look to see how extreme they can go.

We build these ridiculous wide and stretched rear swingarms and ship them ALL to the East coast. One would be hard pressed to find a 300 on a Superbike here. They do exist but not to the numbers seen in the likes of Florida.

Once again I make my plea... for all things good and well. Make performance parts that will save the average rider money. Custom is custom, but there is a nerrow market for that. There is at least 2 "Custom" bikes on ebay and on in a local shop that aren't selling for a hill of beans.

Look at what http://www.mbpducati.com/4v/colletoverview.htm
Now thats worth putting your money on. Not another clutch cover or handle bar bracket. Your missing what I'm saying here.

How about http://loudbike.blogs.com/

or even http://www.ferracci.com/

These guys have been putting it down for Ducatisti for years. And it's just a shame to see another company come in to dilute the product even more with paint and parts.

Oh, btw Welcome to the forum. And thanks for the spell [email protected]$%@$:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts