Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my MPL (Germany) slave spilled its guts again so I purchased a brand new Oberon.

I just can’t appear to get enough travel to disengage the clutch fully (when I pull the lever, wheel spins with some force, neutral tough to find)
I played with the clutch adjuster and got something better but I can’t have my adjustable clutch lever on lower setting like I did before with MPL and to some degree the OEM

I bleed it with the special bleeder non return bleed nipple from Germany.

Two points, The MPL clutch was always tough to get on, sometimes I needed to remover the clutch rod and start again. Also when I fitted new plates it was so tight I needed to leave a plate out

I am 95% sure I don’t need the piston spacer which is an option

·
Registered
867 Posts
If anything, the Oberon (29 mm) slave should be better than the MPL (30 mm) in actuating the clutch using the closer lever reach-setting. You need to bleed the trapped air from your clutch hydraulics.

·
Premium Member
93 900ss,2019 Triumph 1200XE, 2017 CRF250L RALLY, 2003 F650GS DAKAR, 1993 KLR250, 1986 HONDA TLR20
229 Posts
Measure your push rod length as per the instructions below.

Included in the kit is an extension rod (pre 2000 Ducati models), and should be fi tted ONLY if the pushrod length is less than 30mm from the crankcase face The clutch slave cylinder is pre-assembled and is ready to go straight on. If the extension piece is fi tted and later found to be un-needed, it can be removed by striking the whole unit on a fi rm surface, ply wood or fl at MDF are ideal. We are happy to advise further if required - please check before fi tting the extension piece, this is obviously a better option

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If you pull the clutch in & it kind of hits a wall and will not move farther-(the piston is moving but it is at full extension) my guess is you need to install the extension rod. I had the same issue when installing an Oberon slave --as soon as I put the extension in --it worked like a dream

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I think I bleed the system well but shall have another go. Both MPL and Oberon data says no spacer needed. I do "hit that wall" that is mentioned but measuring the rod and looking at the data the slaves says no spacer. I did fit the spacer and the slave would not tighten down (BTW -if the extension piece is fitted and later found to be un-needed, it can be removed by striking the whole unit on a firm surface, ply wood or fl at MDF are ideal - did not work )

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update,
I measured the stack 38.5mm. I also added the old bleed valve to the master and bled from both ends.
Left it overnight with cable tie and it is better, but i need to test it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts