Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed the oberon clutch slave cylinder on my monster 1100 this weekend. i had never bled a clutch line before this. boy was it a pain in the ass, but i'm happy with the results. my clutch lever action is a bit lighter now than stock.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I just installed the same part on my SC today, does seem more bearable now, I did not have to much trouble bleeding, did make a mess though..

·
Registered
275 Posts
i installed the oberon clutch slave cylinder on my monster 1100 this weekend. i had never bled a clutch line before this. boy was it a pain in the ass, but i'm happy with the results. my clutch lever action is a bit lighter now than stock.

Wow...Sorry to hear you had a time on your install :(. I thought my installation was easy..easy. The Oberon instructions were simple (i thought:think:) . The things for me that made it simple, be prepared get a few rags put some around the hyd reservoir pull out the little black thingy.....put some underneath the OEM slave make sure you've got you correct wrenches laid out, get about 2 ft of plastic tubing and a small fluid collection bottle. I also bought a industrial syringe ....You could also use a turkey baster (makes controlling the fluid simpler & helps prevent spilling...Just don't let the reservoir empty.)

Once you get this crap ready, right before you start fill the new Oberon ( whatever brand) with fluid, tap the thing several times with a screwdriver handle or something to make sure its full and shake loose any internal bubbles.

Now just follow the instructions...take your time look at what your doing. With the new slave primed it shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 leaver actions to fully bleed the thing.

Remember during this process WATCH the fluid level in the reservoir....Seriously, It only took me twenty minuets and I didn't have a clue what I was doing :eek:.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I hope this makes some since...:rolleyes: I'm not real smart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts