Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

OBDC Diag Scanner

1101 Views 21 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  DanJ
Hello

looking for affordable diag scanner to
Reset service intervals
Reset Pin
Reset ECU
Reset stored codes

what the best options

autel link auto AL319
ODBstar

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
501 Posts
OBD Star is well proven and a relatively affordable option compared to the Texa (which is the Ducati factory tool now). It'll pay for itself after a while if you are planning on keeping the bike for a while compared to the cost of having a dealer do the work. And if you have friends with Ducati's you can charge them a modest fee for clearing codes/coding keys and so on.
As @Siddo says above, I too would be amazed if the £30 one works and besides the OBD Star tool does a lot more!

· Registered
247 Posts
I can vouch for the obd star scan tool. Resets lights, enable/disable factory options, well worth the asking price.
I can vouch for it's functionality, but I'm not sure it's worth the price unless you share the cost with others. We have a dealer that will reset our lights for about $50, but they're two hours away .... so we got the obdstar mainly to avoid the time, not the $$$.

· Registered
247 Posts
Hello

looking for affordable diag scanner to
Reset service intervals
Reset Pin
Reset ECU
Reset stored codes

what the best options

autel link auto AL319
ODBstar
If the Autel can plug into the Ducati harness I would expect it would be able to pull and reset generic DTC's, as those are standard ODB2 functions. However, service intervals, PINs, ECU functions, reading DSS errors, enabling functions (aux lights, etc) are Ducati-specific, which would (presumably) need more specialized hardware.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
ObdStar. You can reset pin, immobilizer functions, all adaptations on newer bikes, all service resets. So so many functions. ABS/BBU/ECU/SUSPENSION

Reactions: vfrcapn and cs363

· Registered
876 Posts
I can vouch for it's functionality, but I'm not sure it's worth the price unless you share the cost with others. We have a dealer that will reset our lights for about $50, but they're two hours away .... so we got the obdstar mainly to avoid the time, not the $$$.
Time is money, I've heard ;)

· Registered
SR71: 2005 Black ST4s, DPP, Cogent forks. Weapon of Ass Destruction: 1997 Red MG Sport 1100i
75 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi All:

My previous bike was a MTS950S (2020) and it had a 4 pin OBD2 connection. My current bike is a MTS V2 (2022) and it has a 6 pin OBD2 connector. I have the 4 pin adaptor cable and I have seen adapter cables offered for sale for 6 pin however the product description mentions KTM or Harley Davidson so I am not convinced that it will fit or is compatible with a Ducati. Looking at the OBDStar link of supported Ducati bikes it does not yet list a MTS V2. (https://www.obdii365.com/upload/pro/22031716475085034261.xlsx)

Is anyone the wiser on where to source a Ducati 6 pin OBD2 adapter cable? Does the Ducati 6 pin OBD2 adaptor cable go by the name M041 Euro V?

· Premium Member
501 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts