Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished installing my zard exhaust and I have a big gaping hole for a o2 sensor that I don't have a plug for. I came to the zard from termi 2-1 .. what do I need to do here? Buy a sensor? Buy a plug? What size thread? Halp

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought a new spare Termi 2in1 a year or two ago.

The O2 blind plugs were also missing. I did mail Termi but and they did send me new hardware but still the O2 plug was missing.

The funny thing is that the Termi 2in1 I have on my PS does have the plugs.

......but I do not know if the plugs were supplied by Termi or not, since I did not install the exhaust system.

I wonder if the plugs are the same size for the Zard as the Termi.

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Registered
426 Posts
Please double check me on this, but a quick Google search shows M18x 1.5 O2 plug is most likely what you are looking for. Seem to be available all over, including Amazon. I take it you had the Performance ECU installed with your Termis so you are already set up for an open loop system (eliminating the O2/ Lambda sensor)?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
M18 is for blanking off the hole where a Wideband sensor would go.
Narrowband for closed loop is 12mm.
The M18 is readily available from tuning web sites.
E.g. Innovate Motorsports has them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thanks for the input here it's the M18 that I'm looking for just ordered one express. And yes I have the performance ECU with the o2 sensor delete so this all.makes sense to me now. O2 sensor plug for termi is the smaller of the two

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I am guessing the PS in an earlier post means Paul Smart.
If so the bike has the 59M ECU.
That ECU does not "learn" anything.
As it is a Performance ECU then it is mapped for open airbox and free flowing exhaust.
The mapping could be improved. Either an "out of the box" remap by people such as Rexxer or you getting a wideband oxygen sensor then logging the air fuel ratio and making changes to the map to suit your bike.

EDIT - does it have a sensor hole in each header or just one and if so where?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a new spare Termi 2in1 a year or two ago.

The O2 blind plugs were also missing. I did mail Termi but and they did send me new hardware but still the O2 plug was missing.

The funny thing is that the Termi 2in1 I have on my PS does have the plugs.

......but I do not know if the plugs were supplied by Termi or not, since I did not install the exhaust system.

I wonder if the plugs are the same size for the Zard as the Termi.

Ciaooooo

Moller
Hm
I am guessing the PS in an earlier post means Paul Smart.
If so the bike has the 59M ECU.
That ECU does not "learn" anything.
As it is a Performance ECU then it is mapped for open airbox and free flowing exhaust.
The mapping could be improved. Either an "out of the box" remap by people such as Rexxer or you getting a wideband oxygen sensor then logging the air fuel ratio and making changes to the map to suit your bike.

EDIT - does it have a sensor hole in each header or just one and if so where?

It has just one sensor hole on the inside vertical portion of the header below the seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts