Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching the forum about the fueling issue, the Dynojet O2 Optimizer seems like the easiest place to start, but the Dynojet website says it doesn't make one for the MTS. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Get these, they do work. -> PERFORMANCE BOULEVARD - O2 Manipulator

You have to email them for the MTS part (? update the site, jeez) I'll look through my email and see if I can find the part number, you need two $150.00 for the pair. Money well spent.

Found it! O2 Manipulator (Qty. 2) - Multi1200/Diavel
Item# O2M- MULTI/DIAVEL $150.00 USD 1 $150.00 USD

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
3B43. If you have indeed searced this and other forums you will be aware that for some people, O2 'Optimizers' (of one sort or another) seem to do the trick f and not for others....but, at the price, they have to be as good start. I wish you luck...do keep us all informed of yout journey in this respect.

·
Registered
98 Posts
FatDucs

Get these, they do work. -> PERFORMANCE BOULEVARD - O2 Manipulator

You have to email them for the MTS part (? update the site, jeez) I'll look through my email and see if I can find the part number, you need two $150.00 for the pair. Money well spent.

Found it! O2 Manipulator (Qty. 2) - Multi1200/Diavel
Item# O2M- MULTI/DIAVEL $150.00 USD 1 $150.00 USD
I installed a set on mine in about 10 minutes. Solved the low RPM surging for me. Best $150 you can spend on the Multi

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed the Dynojet manipulators on my 2012 around 700 miles, now have 3900, and they seemed to help. I still noticed some surging between 3000 and 5000 RPM while cruising around town but it wasn't as bad.

This morning I road to Cincinnati from Bloomington, IN in 75 degree heavy mist/ drizzle on I-74 at 75MPH (true speed) and experienced serious throttle lag and severe stumbling when accelerating to pass or just keeping a constant speed up hills. This continued even at slower speeds in 4th or 5th gear. The exhaust tips are sooty from running rich and my mileage is significantly lower than normal. I don't have a PC (MAC only) to adjust the manipulators, so I'll bypass them and check the results via "seat of the pants" method.

I wish Ducaudi would come up with a real software fix.

Just remembered I filled up in Bloomington this morning at the station from where I usually buy fuel. Bad gas???

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ducati isn't going to fix anything with the low rpm surging. It all has to do with emissions laws. This is there way of getting around the laws. They know exactly what rpms the epa checks and they make the bike run within their specs. Sooner or later the epa is going to make everything run like shit throughout the entire spectrum to prolong our existence on this planet. (sorry for the rant)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hear you Dansz24 and share your frustration.:mad:

I talked with an independent Ducati mechanic here in Cincinnati this afternoon and may have him re-flash my ECU soon.

Meanwhile I have removed the manipulators and hope things settle down. (?)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've read all the threads on this realize that the O2 opt sometimes work/sometimes not. I rode my old bike yesterday and it's fueling under 3500 was way better then the Duc, so......I' order them and start there. Is there a REAL fix for this problem, or is it an issue we just have to live with?

Since I live north of the bay area/Sacramento 4-5 hours....any MTS owners know what shop(s) are trust worthy enough to take the bike into and FIX this problem? And yes, I'm miffed/PO'ed, but not at Ducati....at the morons at write the BS rules for emissions!

·
Registered
36 Posts
3B43, it appears, according to posts on this site, that re-flashing the ECU is the surest way to cure fueling issues. Makes sense since that's where the problem resides in the first place. If you go that route, I suggest you spend some time researching which vendor has the most satisfied customers. (I wonder if "Angies List" has a link?)

Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I recommend reaching out to Mark at the 'DucShop'.

As I understood it when I had mine installed with the PC V and exhaust system, the optimizer was required in order for the PC V to be able to be programmed below 4k.

Again, I may be saying this incorrectly hence the suggestion to reach out to Mark.

What I can say is, I couldn't be happier with the setup/custom map I have.

I do have one flat spot to work out when we next dyno above 3k.

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts