Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received and installed these a few days ago on a 2012 MS with 850 miles on it, the bike runs nicely in the <3K revs now, my problem is my rear wheel is covered in gray soot. I cleaned it off and went for a twenty mile ride and the soot returned. The units are fixed with no adjustment pots, I'm concerned that this will clog the CAT over time requiring removal or replacement. Anyone else experience this, I emailed Performance Boulevard but haven't gotten a reply as yet. :confused:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I received and installed these a few days ago on a 2012 MS with 850 miles on it, the bike runs nicely in the <3K revs now, my problem is my rear wheel is covered in gray soot. I cleaned it off and went for a twenty mile ride and the soot returned. The units are fixed with no adjustment pots, I'm concerned that this will clog the CAT over time requiring removal or replacement. Anyone else experience this, I emailed Performance Boulevard but haven't gotten a reply as yet. :confused:
I installed them as well, but only after removing the cat and installing a LV mid-pipe...Still running a little lean...

·
Registered
665 Posts
It definitely ruin your cat!!!! Don't use them with cat installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
282 Posts
My fat ducs have small, white adjustment screws, along with instructions on how to adjust them. The surging in my 2012 at low RPM is mostly cured, however when I close the throttle the idle sometimes hangs +100 rpm for a second before dropping down to 1100 RPM (sometimes hangs a few hundred RPM). I have not adjusted the screws at all but I might start tinkering - dunno if that is the cause of the idle hang. Had not thought before about the carbon on the back wheel - whatever it is on the back wheel, it's black and caked on!

·
Registered
638 Posts
My fat ducs have small, white adjustment screws, along with instructions on how to adjust them. The surging in my 2012 at low RPM is mostly cured, however when I close the throttle the idle sometimes hangs +100 rpm for a second before dropping down to 1100 RPM (sometimes hangs a few hundred RPM). I have not adjusted the screws at all but I might start tinkering - dunno if that is the cause of the idle hang. Had not thought before about the carbon on the back wheel - whatever it is on the back wheel, it's black and caked on!
The ones for the MTS1200 are different then the other ones...the ones for my 848 had that small screw on it too, but not the ones for MTS1200...

·
Registered
805 Posts
R u sure its carbon & not brake pad dust?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorcycle.com App

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
The ones for the MTS1200 are different then the other ones...the ones for my 848 had that small screw on it too, but not the ones for MTS1200...
He's right about that. Unless something has changed, the fatducs for the 1200s are non-adjustable. Wonder if you guys got two devices for the air-cooled bikes??

I've had fatducs on my stock '10 for over 2 years and don't have any of that stuff...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yes as the exhaust pipes outlets are coated with the same material, I like the running of the bike with them but being a high milage rider I'm concerned that the cat is going to clog over time not to mention the soot on the wheel. No adjusters on mine.

·
Registered
638 Posts

Rear brake pad dust, on a MTS1200?...funny... :)
don't you need a working rear brake to get some pad dust...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've had mine installed for 20,000 miles and haven't had any problems with the cat or stuff on the rear tire. they make a very noticeable difference with the stock exhaust, which I still have.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had mine installed for 20,000 miles and haven't had any problems with the cat or stuff on the rear tire. they make a very noticeable difference with the stock exhaust, which I still have.
Are yours the adjustable style? Mine are not.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts

^ thank you.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Are yours the adjustable style? Mine are not.
not. my bike is an original 2010 model and hence my fat ducs are some of the early fix setting units. Performance Blvd was testing the adjustable ones early in 2010 and my dealer advised me to wait for the final versions before I bought them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Glad I followed this post. I ordered fatducs a few months ago for my 2012 MTS1200S, and I'll swear I spoke to the guys when I ordered them and confirmed my bike. Looking at their website I don't see fatducs listed for 2012, and there is no documentation with the fatducs that confirms what model or years they are for. Mine do have the adjustment screws - perhaps I have the wrong ones installed? This just might explain the ATTROCIOUS gas mileage I'm getting. . .:eek:

Am searching net now looking for a site that lists Fatducs for 2012 MTS 1200 and coming up with nothing - anyone know where I can find them?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yep you got the wrong ones. I made the same mistake originally and contacted him immediately after I found out. Honestly the bike will run fine still but get the ones made for the 1200 which doesn't have the white adjusters in the middle.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep you got the wrong ones. I made the same mistake originally and contacted him immediately after I found out. Honestly the bike will run fine still but get the ones made for the 1200 which doesn't have the white adjusters in the middle.
Where did you get yours? I can't find them anywhere on the net

1 - 20 of 30 Posts