Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any NYST members here?

I see that basic membership at NYST is $49 and the fee for a moto event is $180. But the website is lacking specifics. How do moto days work? Is it a free-for-all? Riders broken into different groups? What's the structure? What's a typical moto event day like?

I'm thinking about getting on the track, but I have no intentions of racing. Just looking for some fun.

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
I was a member a few years back and if it were closer I probably would still be. The members days were split with 2 bike groups and 1 or 2 car groups, At the time I went there was instruction in the beginner group and I do not remember it being a crazy day. Most track events are a combination of things.

1. who shows up
2. what the organizers do with who shows up.

We had little to no issues the day I went for a members day so I do not know how they handle rule breakers. The group I instruct for had rented the track twice before and overall liked the track. It is NOT the safest track in that the runoff is less than ideal but in the Northeast we do not have ANY tracks that fit that bill. New Jersey does have the best in the area, but we saw more knuckleheads on track because of the city being so close.

Would I recommend NYST? Very much so just go into it like a 80% track or 120% street ride and you are fine. Just as Palmer mass, thompson CT, NHMS, where else can you ride like we want. As long as you do not plan on setting lap records you will be fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
NYST is great! I was a coach with STT club and still go there for fun on my own. It is technical yet flows nicely. It is a family owned business and they love motorcycles so they actively ensure it goes well. The location is beautiful too. There are frequent Ducati days there also. You'll love it!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've seen it with (3) 20 min sessions, novice, intermediate and expert, and I've also seen it with (4) 15 minute sessions with talent classes even more broken up (mostly for the novice riders)

riders meeting usually at 8am, first session at 9am, 10am, 11am, lunch from 12-1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, done at 5pm

Always have a great time at NYST and everyone is very friendly and helpful

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
I'd be a track noob so would be interested in a weekend riding class there...

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've yet to go there. I want to check it out for a bit and see how they do things. They must have some sort of prospective member tour or something.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I've yet to go there. I want to check it out for a bit and see how they do things. They must have some sort of prospective member tour or something.
Just find out when they have a track day and show up. If the gatekeeper asks you his questions 3, your quest is to see what is up with the track, the track days, and the org. Also, do they have the Holy Grail?

Out here Willow Springs used to charge $10 to get in. Maybe no charge if you say you are with the track day. What's to lose? :smile2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts