Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good aftternoon from the east coast!

First:
So I have about 100 miles under my belt on my 2006 ducati sport classic and really really love the bike. Its gotten me so psyched and back into bikes that I'm looking for a bike that I can park on the street in the city in addition to her being out in the garage.

I was wondering if anyone that lives in the area would be willing to meet up to give me some first-hand knowledge/pointers/look my bike over/tips & tricks/etc. While I've also read over the manual a couple of times my bike is the first one I've really ever had the pleasure of being around so i have no reference point for anything lol (For example I bought an e39 m5 from a guy in Illinois and had it shipped over, had my friend (who is an e39 m5 junkee) look her over and he caught the fact that the car has euro spec bmw floating rotors and not the stock American issue ones. something that the bmw dealership in illinois didnt even pick up on my PPI)

Figured I'd throw it out there as this forum has been awesome to me thus far.

Second:
While I did take the two day msf license waiver course i do not have many miles under my belt at all on a bike, especially not on a sport bike. I will gradually get better over time but I want to accelerate my learning curve for safety number one and for fun as a secondary benefit. My primary riding will be city with some occasional weekend highway rides up north of the city once I get my skills up to an acceptable level. I researched and found the New York Safety track as well as Yamaha's school. Maybe its better to pay for private lessons somewhere around the tri state area? I want to feel in total control of the bike, evasive manuevers, emergency braking, etc. wondering your thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

-joe

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check out: https://www.lrn2ride.com/
They are out in Long Island.

And contact @themotocoach on facebook. He's not far from the city as well.

I highly recommend a racing school. I took CSS and I was significantly faster from the beginning of the day to the end of the day. They teach you techniques that are easily transferred to street riding and will significantly increase your ability and confidence.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,205 Posts
You may want to join the DESMO group too, if you haven't already done so. Tom is pretty active over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts