Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've been told they have good deals there on alot of stuff. Any chance on termignoni deals?

I was thinking of riding there, but all this snow and salt on the road pretty much ruin that idea.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Always disappointed in this show. The only new bike of any interest is the BMW Nine. Mostly for the Harley apparel crowd. Ducati T-shirts for $45. It was a waste of time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Always disappointed in this show. The only new bike of any interest is the BMW Nine. Mostly for the Harley apparel crowd. Ducati T-shirts for $45. It was a waste of time.
Glad I decided to sit it out. I was also interested in that BMW and the S1000R.

Were you allowed to sit on them??

·
Super Moderator
4,706 Posts
A group from our local DOC and Ducati dealer chartered a bus to bring us from NH and MA down to the show on Sunday.

My impressions were that the major brands were well represented by the local dealerships. Plenty of bikes on display that you could scrutinize, sit on, drool on (if you were so inclined). I was hoping to see some of the off brands...like Motus, EBR, Ural, Benelli...but none were present. I thought a lot of the displays were geared towards the cruiser crowd. Lots of T-shirts and patches for sale...especially club rank patches. There were some Shoei and Arai helmets on display and for sale. They had a section blocked off for an indoor stunt show. There were a couple vendors set up offering "food."

Overall a nice diversion for the winter. Fun to people watch...especially the biker gang folk. :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Glad I decided to sit it out. I was also interested in that BMW and the S1000R.

Were you allowed to sit on them??
Yes, a lot of people lined up to sit on that BMW. Finally there is a manufacturer that understands what some of us want....a simple basic MOTORcycle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
is this the same show on tour by progressive? looks like what we get out here. i go just because its something to do, but decided years ago that i can see and do more at my local dealership than paying a fee to see them all under one roof.

like i said, i go though for something to do :D

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
It comes to Detroit the first weekend in Jan. I'm doing setup for the Michigan Norton Owners, so I'll get in for free.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Completely disappointed with the Dainese/AGV display...I seriously wanted to check out the Corsa and Pista helmets and spy some Dainese gear, but they had nothing to try on and barely anything to display. You couldn't try on the only helmet they had on display...BIZARRE ! Daniese had ZERO to even look at...their entire display was in an 8x8 space....WOW...what a let down.
When I asked the rep there why they didn't have anything to display, try on, etc., he told me "that's what the dealers are for...LOL I swear, I thought they were putting me on...nope, just sucking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Completely disappointed with the Dainese/AGV display...I seriously wanted to check out the Corsa and Pista helmets and spy some Dainese gear, but they had nothing to try on and barely anything to display. You couldn't try on the only helmet they had on display...BIZARRE ! Daniese had ZERO to even look at...their entire display was in an 8x8 space....WOW...what a let down.
When I asked the rep there why they didn't have anything to display, try on, etc., he told me "that's what the dealers are for...LOL I swear, I thought they were putting me on...nope, just sucking.
A complete waste of $20.very lame show this year!

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah, I saw those cats at the show. Nice set up. Being a Brooklynite, I was intrigued by the whole Brooklyn vibe...very "hipster". Gotta disagree with the part about the Jackie Robinson being a dangerous roadway. Everyone knows the BQE is the real death trap. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, I saw those cats at the show. Nice set up. Being a Brooklynite, I was intrigued by the whole Brooklyn vibe...very "hipster". Gotta disagree with the part about the Jackie Robinson being a dangerous roadway. Everyone knows the BQE is the real death trap. ;)
Totally agree. I've ridden the BQE and it's hell on earth. God help any that venture upon that road on two wheels.

The Hipster vibe can be ok, but some take it too far. And I can't STAND the urban hunter/lumberjack bullshit.

I friggin wore plaid shirts BEFORE it was hipster. So there.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
BMW Nine looks like an ideal first motorcycle that would be a keeper or you wouldn't lose too much $$ on when selling to upgrade. Light and well balanced, power but not too much power, and low side protection for the legs via the boxer cylinders acting as crash bars (but would install cyl head covers to protect them in that event). My son's going to take the basic MSF course in Spring, prefers nakeds. Might point him towards this bike after course completion, even though he wants a Monster.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts