Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Termi Exhaust backordered and the area51 blk cluth cover with blk plate coming...

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
it took me a second to realize what made your bike so dark,, the wheels.. Nice :)

how did you mount the rizoma fluid tanks.. and what tail chop did you use?

you should get the gold bolt plate on the swing arm powder coated the same as the wheels

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being that I live in NYC...I didn't do any of the work myself. Ducati Manhattan did...they did a great job. They custom rigged the reservoir brackets (front and rear). We originally wanted to put them lower, but couldn't figure out how to do it. The racing tubes was their idea. I actually have no idea if they used a kit for the tail. I can check.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I would like to have similar mounts for the fluid reservoirs.. I have them but don't like how high they sit. I had something similar in mind but haven't gotten to it yet. If I can throw money at it.. I would prefer it at this point.

so if you do get to asking them about it all,, ask about those too. Maybe pass their info along so I can possibly purchase some of these things from them :)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I love the bike, but be careful with that exhaust wrap, it will kill the pipes.
The stock exhaust is not stainless so the wrap will rust the system much faster by holding heat and moisture in. At least that's what I think!
Congratulations, by the way!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Never mind, I just noticed you have the Termis coming.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Termi Exhaust backordered and the area51 blk cluth cover with blk plate coming...
Can I ask where you got the carbon fiber rear hugger from?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love all the black - - Any thoughts about blacking the frame?
I looked into it and it's a ridiculous amount of work evidently. You would basically have to take the whole bike apart and have the frame powdercoated. After that conversation, I decided that maybe the bronze isn't so bad...lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
202 Posts
mnotae is that second picture fluid tank hidden somewhere else ? is it possible to do that for both fludi tanks - to hide them off the bar, I am sorry i am new to all this bike stuff.so i will post some stupid questions, but fluid tanks are really one thing that spoils the look of SF (on my opinion) Did anyone hide fluid cans ?

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
mnotae is that second picture fluid tank hidden somewhere else ? is it possible to do that for both fludi tanks - to hide them off the bar, I am sorry i am new to all this bike stuff.so i will post some stupid questions, but fluid tanks are really one thing that spoils the look of SF (on my opinion) Did anyone hide fluid cans ?
You can't hide the bar mounted fluid reservoirs. They need to be in close proximity to the master cylinders (and slightly above). The "hidden" one is for the rear brake.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Here's how you do it - flip your brake/clutch clasps upside down and use them as the mounting point (I see the mirror holes are available due to the lane splitters).

Being that I live in NYC...I didn't do any of the work myself. Ducati Manhattan did...they did a great job. They custom rigged the reservoir brackets (front and rear). We originally wanted to put them lower, but couldn't figure out how to do it. The racing tubes was their idea. I actually have no idea if they used a kit for the tail. I can check.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
great!!i like the fuel cap in black too!!
the wheels look nice...never thought of that one! :p
post them in the pics section...your bike rocks!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Would someone please tell me which Rizoma fluid tanks do i have to order for my SF ? I would like to have both same size, black color and smallest ones that are still recommended.

I would also like to mount them as low as possible, anyone knows which bracket should i order ?

Tnx.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
The stock exhaust is stainless ;)
Yeah, what did I know then!
I had confused the lowest grade S.Steel with zinc coated tin, after all I did to mine, now I know it is SS.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It's actually in the Streetfighter accessory catalog.
A black frame on that beast would set it apart from the rest of the world:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts