Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
Sweet man, I always get excited when I see an air cooled Hyper too.

Are you thinking of getting or maybe already own one?

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
Its probably an 08-09. Nude rear sets and nude subframe are tell tell signs. Also the combo of black forks and handle bars with nude handlebar clamp. Probably 's' or sp' themed base model.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Its probably an 08-09. Nude rear sets and nude subframe are tell tell signs. Also the combo of black forks and handle bars with nude handlebar clamp. Probably 's' or sp' themed base model.
I'm fairly certain that's the Ohlins remote shock, and those are the upgraded wheels from an "S" model. I can't see the fork colors that great but the 2007-2008 model base and "S" had pretty much the same everything minus the remote shock and wheels along with some upgraded brakes from the 1098 (and yeah, lots of carbon accent pieces on the "S")

I think in 2009 they gave the base cheaper forks, then swapped back in 2010, but I am not 100% on that...

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
I'm fairly certain that's the Ohlins remote shock, and those are the upgraded wheels from an "S" model. I can't see the fork colors that great but the 2007-2008 model base and "S" had pretty much the same everything minus the remote shock and wheels along with some upgraded brakes from the 1098 (and yeah, lots of carbon accent pieces on the "S")

I think in 2009 they gave the base cheaper forks, then swapped back in 2010, but I am not 100% on that...
Base model Hypermotards came with sachs reservoirs.

Those are base model enkei wheels. Not forged marchesini wheels.

S model and base models had completely different fork set ups. Not to mention different colors.

The bike above also has their two piece radial calipers. A standard option for any base model including the 796.

This is surprising coming from someone who owns an 08 "S" model.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Base model Hypermotards came with sachs reservoirs.

Those are base model enkei wheels. Not forged marchesini wheels.

S model and base models had completely different fork set ups. Not to mention different colors.

The bike above also has their two piece radial calipers. A standard option for any base model including the 796.

This is surprising coming from someone who owns an 08 "S" model.

you are correct...I apologize, the picture is a bit dark and I looked quickly at the wheels. the 08 "S" I have is listed as an 08 built in 07 base on the title, and I purchased it last year out of auction to fix and I had to do some digging to figure out if mine was a base or an S. I suppose someone could have upgraded literally every little piece the S had for carbon and the wheels on mine, but I would find that surprising? What I found online is that the 07-08 model forks were the same on base and "S" (different carbon black color yes I read that, but didn't know they were a different setup like you said), but you would obviously know more than me on this I suppose as I was just online digging. here's a picture of the rear wheel after I had it welded from whatever crash it was in...Dr John did the fix.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts