Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum area, but I am trying to find a Ducati sales/service dealer near the Syracuse, NY area....

The only ones I find are in NYC or Albany, NY....WTF?
They had one in Fulton, NY (near Pulaski), but apparently they've closed due to the economy....Does anyone know of one nearby or isn't inept @ locating one?

Thanks in advance for the help....

PS-I'ld like to find one within 100m if possible...if that's possible!!
:eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I cant help you wil NY but I feel your pain...My dealers are 2 hours and other is 3 hours away...price we pay for being a Ducatista

·
comrade moderator
26,990 Posts
PS-I'ld like to find one within 100m if possible...if that's possible!!
Ha ha ha...that's funny right there! I bought my bike at BCM in New Hampshire, and took it back to them for it's first service. beyond that, you learn to be self sufficient up here.

Williamsville Competition near Buffalo is probably your best choice. They have a good reputation, which is way more important than distance.

Stay away from the "Powersports" type stores.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for ALL the help guys...We have Watertown Powersports in Watertown, NY....Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha dealer (they've worked on my Repsol with GREAT service/pricing)...and a Honda Dealer (newer/expensive as hell on everything)....I'ld like to find a DUCATI service center...think I might havefound one in Syracuse called "Fred's ???? " that is on the Ducati US dealer page, but don't know if they are still in business...no webpage in 2009?
Need to call....I'm ASSUMING (I know) that most dealer/service businesses can do simple things, such as chain swap-outs, tires, etc....so maybe I'll roll with my current place in Watertown for that stuff, then locate a Ducati dealer for the specific things...I was trying to find one to check the belts, as I just bought my 999 (2003 w/ 4100m)...The guy had it in an art gallery for a few years, so it just sat around....heard things about the belts dry-rotting & needing checking (replacement) every 3000m or 1 yr....The tires are bad from sitting around (a little dry-rotted but with noticeable "waves/warping" when running hand over the tread...looks almost like the beginning of a tread seperation...almost....looks like a wavy up/down pattern on the front only, but gonna replace the set for safety)...then thinking of new chain...no slack on old one, but really rusty....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, but will contact him tonight...thanx!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice little ride (or drive in the pick-up) out west

A couple of years ago I wanted to visit the "Buffalo" region "Duck" dealer.
Turns-out it's in Holland, just east of...well, East Aurora. 45 miles
SE of Buffalo-proper. And for added fun, drop-off or pick-up your
bike on a race night for nearby Holland Speedway. Great little 3/8-mi.
paved short-track right in the middle of some woods! Great location!
I asked the proprietor how he made any money and he said he had no end of
customers, and was always busy. So, it'll be like a 2-1/3 hour drive,
big deal. Lots of pretty country, and it's good to support someone
who's been there awhile, and didn't just become a dealer like, yesterday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts