Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stripped her down today to make some adjustments and take some pics. Definitely gotta mess with the chassis, but the Ohlins front and rear were suprisingly compliant for being oversprung for my weight. Sorry, I'm no photographer, so pardon the crappy pics :cool:

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Slipper Clutch, EVR Airbox

The clutch, case and quick change axle came off Leon Haslam's Airwaves "B" Bike

Airbox has corse breather mounted inside, p.o. did some pretty trick mods to this thing..

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
PPPPPPhhhhuuuuuuckckkk!

Friggin' beaut!

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
mmm....im diggin the CF airbox...I am very jealous :D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
That is one beautiful motorcycle! Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
inside the airbox...

Here you can see the short intake tracks supporting 12 hole injectors and Corse breather...

Ohlins DU515, Ti link...

Closeup of Corse Slipper...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bella - that bike is sweet m8! - I also have to ask , I see you are at Ft Jackson, I am in HIlton Head... do you know DI Yarbourgh?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! The airbox came with the bike. Cost vs. gains? hard to say for sure, but is pretty sweet looking and makes accessing the throttle bodies much, much easier :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice Bike

Nice bike man. Your clutch looks exactly like the one I bought off e-bay for my 748. How do you like it? Did you install it and was it a pain?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice bike man. Your clutch looks exactly like the one I bought off e-bay for my 748. How do you like it? Did you install it and was it a pain?

The clutch came already on the bike... came off Leon Haslam's Airwaves Ducati (BSB). I have not had a chance to put it through the paces yet, but will let you know. I have installed a slipper before; if you're mechanically inclined they're not too bad. An impact gun definitely helps!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
BTW; Those clutches are notorious for popping spider springs. I'd just get a few spares off ebay or something, so when it pops, your not stuck...

Also, I was told by Dan Kyle and a bunch of other guys, due to the 749R's rear shock link, the DU515/525 series shock on that bike, doesn't work properly. The shock has too much travel for the rear link assembly.

Those are the only two things I saw that were of interest to note. Otherwise, the bike looks great! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW; Those clutches are notorious for popping spider springs. I'd just get a few spares off ebay or something, so when it pops, your not stuck...

Also, I was told by Dan Kyle and a bunch of other guys, due to the 749R's rear shock link, the DU515/525 series shock on that bike, doesn't work properly. The shock has too much travel for the rear link assembly.

Those are the only two things I saw that were of interest to note. Otherwise, the bike looks great! ;)

It's not a DU515, it's a DU301... yes it has a slightly longer stroke than the stock ohlins. If I posted DU515, it's because I was smokin' crack and in a rush. I do need to get the geometry sorted, but no time to really get busy with, or time to get to the track in the immediate future.

I'm not too worried about the clutch. I doubt I'll find parts for it on eBay, but I do have the Ducati Corse parts list for that clutch. If it breaks, I'll fix it. If I can't fix it, then I guess I'll make a really cool ashtray out of it or something.

I appreciate the props; especially considering it's a non-raced, carbon-clad garage queen :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts