Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Now wut?!?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  zooom 
#1 ·
sup fellow duc riders i jus bought a 2003 999s and jus put on termi asysmetric system just muffler and pipe , and i was jus wondering wuts the next logical step ? air filter, power commander,sproket, attempt to get full system? and is there any thing else i could do to get her hauling ass!!

#7 ·
+1 on the track school comments..

Even MotoGP and AMA stars practice.

But in regards to your bike.. I´d go PC3 and more open intake. And ofcourse Magnesium rims. First step would be sprocket though.. the gearing on the 999´s are so high it´s scary! drop to a 14T front and youl be wheeling all day.

//amullo

#9 ·
Regain some of the luster? The Duc has plenty of luster, power and gets more looks on the road than any R1.

+1 on the track schools and tracks days. Can't use sport bikes how they were meant on the street. At least legally and safely you can't.

#11 ·
homey...to me...you sound like you bought da blingest ride for da wrong purpose....it ain't got what da Busa boys got for dem top end runs....but ya know what....it never will...dis ain't no machine meant for ballin on da freeways....dis be a machine to be railin dem twisties...and dat bike you got gots more credit for handlin twisties better dan any one ov dem R1,GSXR,CBR,ZX's outta da box.....so do some track days and see what dat machine is really meant for and then come back and say when you are runnin as fast as the AMA guys round some tracks that it is a slow machine and then we'll give you the firm advice you need...till then....ride the rubber off dat thing and learn what that machine is all about....nuff said!

#13 ·
ok first first the whole reason I bought a duc is to stand out in a world that is dictatored by gixxers and other japan land rockets and I bought it knowing fully well tht it aint the fastest thng on the road, but with that said u still want the optium performane outta ur bike or any thing u would own for tht matter and to the genius tht said a duc is more power than a r1 .....wut r u riding a gp bike? , and o yea shout out to troy holding it down in wsbk

#15 ·
I sat on an '06 R1 this morning at the local dealership and...dang, why do they make them things so fat? I was looking at it and it's really not that wide a bike...until your eyes land on the nose fairing.

I'm with those who say, "Get thee to a track school." Fast in a straight line is okay, I guess...but even Harley guys can do that. Make your bike faster in the corners and life will be happy. Go to a track school and while you're there, get a suspension guru to dial you in. Go to the track often and wonder why all those rice jockeys are wasting their time doing burnouts and wheelying down the freeway.

There ain't no fun like passing someone on the outside at 120mph. :D

#16 ·
I said the blingest....because stock parts on a triple 9 are not bottom of the rack....Brembo brakes...Sachs shocks(unless you bought an "S" model with Ohlins)..Marelli ignition and computer injection system...Marchesini wheels....these are not cheap things...these are what the Japanese bikes upgrade to to race with...yet you get em stock on a Duc!.....bling I say...you may not thing so....but when it comes to appreciating technology and its purposefulness....I do!

asfar as what you say in regards to standing out from the world of Japanese land rockets....yes...the Duc will do that....as far as being the fastest or getting optimum performance out of the Duc...well...most of that is in the hands of the rider!...making it faster or perform better depends on 2 things...for what purpose you want to make it perform better for...and how much money you are willing to spend!....

#18 ·
brinkdakid said:
but bling, i know how much ohlins and how much all those other perks cost , but bling nuthin better than bling u used the word bling, and thanks to all for the advice VIR TRACK DAY HERE I COME!!!
Woot woot! Be sure to post pictures!

#19 ·
brinkdakid said:
but bling, i know how much ohlins and how much all those other perks cost , but bling nuthin better than bling u used the word bling, and thanks to all for the advice VIR TRACK DAY HERE I COME!!!
what dates are you going to VIR?....I am currently going to be going to a MAD event there with Cornerspeed on Oct. 30/31!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.