Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I get frustrated...

when things don't go right working on bikes. Anyone else? Random thoughts at 12:30am at night in the garage working on the bike.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
sorry to here you having so much hell with the small things.... but a stripped bolt hole is really not the end of the world. These things happen, and besides you dont want to try to sell tat bike now.... I mean really a 996 with a stripped bolt hole, blue book is probably about $8.00 give or take....J/k

Cheer up and stop over tightening your hardware!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'll do you a favor and buy the bike off you for $500 and fix it up and run it a few times and then resell it to ya for $1000!...howz that sound?....in the meantime...have a beer and call it a night and look at it freshly the next day!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Smack something with a hammer, I always find that helps in such circumstances. Try to pick the 'something' carefully... or things get worse instead of better.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I tend to find I only get frustrated when it's mine.. My bike, my car.. Anyone elses stuff and I have all the patience in the world.

Hope your issues are resolved soon...

Mal

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
Most of the time when I start getting frustrated with something mechanical....I walk away from it and usually decide to not work on it until the next day. Reason for this?.........I usually start taking short-cuts and not using a clear head when I get frustrated......that's when I start doing things wrong or breaking things.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I lost the small metal bushing that goes under the rubber grommet that holds down the gas tank.

I spent about 1.5 hours looking for the damn thing. Couldn't find it. That was 12:30 at night. I went bed. I woke up the next morning and found it in 5 minutes.

Strange things happen when you're tired. Walk away and come back. It's always better the next day.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to freakin ride my bikes more and stop working on them. At least my track bike gets ridden.

Three things to do on that.

1. Install front pads soon.
2. Figure out where coolant loss is.
3. Adjust rear brake pushrod.

That stupid metal thing for the tank has fallen out on me too. One time I didn't know it and it was wedged between the rear hugger and swingarm.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yea well at least you can ride it cant figure mine out wont start for nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts