Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of posts exclaming that the Monster is their first Duc and that is great. I think the Monster is an awesome bike for introducing someone to the brand.

But how many of us have owned or own other Ducs and seem to gravitate to the Monster?

I have had 3 Ducati, my first was a 96 900 SS/SP. I owned it for about 4 months and then totaled it. Really liked that bike but was inexperienced and made a mistake.

Then a 99 748s that I had for 6 years and put 12k on it. I reallly loved that bike. I learned to ride is pretty fast on the race track and felt like I became one with it. The problem was that I didn't get to the track as often as I would have liked and it was not comfortable to ride day to day. Plus I had a job that required I take customers out in my car and a 85 mile one way commute did not lend favorably to riding to work.

Now I have an 01 Monster 750 Dark. I really dig this bike...Alot. It looks the biz and is plenty capable to ride fast. Even though I loved my other Ducs and wish I could still have one of each, since I can only own one bike at a time it looks like it will be the Monster for a long time.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first bike was an '03 999s, which I loved!! It was sweet, but killed my wrists riding in the city. Now I got an 1100 Monster and love it even more I think... I still love the looks of the 999's and the 1198's, but the Monsters are the real deal all around bike.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My first Duc (which was my third streetbike) was an 848. I only owned it for about a month. My friend lowsided it and ended up buying it off me.

I bought a Hypermotard S to replace that bike and I've been happy with it but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I didn't miss the 848 at all. It was a great bike on the highways but it was terrible around town. The Hyper is the complete opposite. It's great around town but terrible on the highway due to the complete lack of wind protection and upright riding position. Your body acts like a sail.

I'm selling the Hyper now and I'll be getting an 1100S in the spring. I've test rode the base 1100 quite a few times and I absolutely love the bike. The seating position suits me much better than the Hyper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2nd Bike (1st Duc) was an 03 800SS, then moved to a 04' 999 and also bought an 07 S4R around the same time. Today only have the S4R in the garage, the 999 was not being riden enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd had many jap bikes before my 1st Ducati. I traded in an 03 GSXR 750 on a brand new 94 900 sscr,man I loved that bike. I then traded that in on a 99 BMW R1100S but wanted back into Ducati when I added a 2000 Ducati 748 which I still have. Since Ive been through a Laverda,Triumph 955 Daytona,Buell XB12R,Triumph Bonneville and a BMWR1150Gs.Then sold the Buell and Daytona to purchase my 08 S4Rs and will soon off the Bonneville and BMW to purchase a Multistrada. The end result will just be 3 Ducatis and I'm good with that...John

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first ever bike was a '00 Monster 900. It got totaled, and now I have a 916, but I would like to get a monster back in the garage. Their fun to ride and alot more comfortable than a superbike.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
after many japanese bikes and then a complete series of Ducati motos (sig), the Monster has turned out to be as great as any of them before, if not better.

it's easy to ride. end of story. :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i started on a 900 darmah, bought a 900 superlight that i traded for a 748SP, after getting cleaned up on that i bought a 900 monster to tide me over till a new SP arrived. (never did!) so i bought a 888. missed the monster so i bought a S4 when they were released and upgraded to the S4R in '03. i still have it and the 888 and i'm currently eyeing off a 1098 tricolor.................

paul.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'01 M750 Dark was my first and only bike. Bought it new in '01 and have since put 48,000 miles on it. Rode it to Guatemala and back, the thing's bulletproof.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
'01 M750 Dark was my first and only bike. Bought it new in '01 and have since put 48,000 miles on it. Rode it to Guatemala and back, the thing's bulletproof.
Nice work! What have you done to make it more distance capable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts