Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2007 1098 yesterday and I've never had a Ducati really, so I'm unsure what all they did to it..... Can you guys help me figure out what all isn't stock? haha, So Obviously they did some Gulf Racing Paintjob to it, which I'm okay with (sorta lol) and I see CRG levers, and an aftermarket gas tank opening. Am I missing anything? I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this and sell my MV Agusta Brutale 910s.......The main problem right now is that when I try to put it in a lower gear (1st and 2nd mainly) it's like it get caught on something, I'm hoping it's just because of the fairing and not a bigger issue. Is there something different about that bottom fairing?:confused: Why would it be getting caught on the gear lever?:think:

Thanks for any help guys, I appreciate it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
First off, I love the paint scheme, second, have you tried adjusting the gear shift actuating arm length? I wonder if the owner had put after market rear sets on and removed them prior to sale, going back to stock. If the adjuster managed to spin a couple of times inadvertently, it could make for funky, imprecise feeling shifts. Just a thought, congrats on the new purchase.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
I bought a 2007 1098 yesterday and I've never had a Ducati really, so I'm unsure what all they did to it..... Can you guys help me figure out what all isn't stock? haha, So Obviously they did some Gulf Racing Paintjob to it, which I'm okay with (sorta lol) and I see CRG levers, and an aftermarket gas tank opening. Am I missing anything? I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this and sell my MV Agusta Brutale 910s.......The main problem right now is that when I try to put it in a lower gear (1st and 2nd mainly) it's like it get caught on something, I'm hoping it's just because of the fairing and not a bigger issue. Is there something different about that bottom fairing?:confused: Why would it be getting caught on the gear lever?:think:

Thanks for any help guys, I appreciate it
Now, it shouldnt be too hard to find who did that paint scheme. Please tell why you got it.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Has aftermarket slip-ons, cant tell what brand. after market clutch cover and pressure plate. Linkage appears to be rubbing the fairing so make your adjustments to fix that and see if the shifting problem persists.

Did I mention I would like to strangle whoever came up with the color scheme, mixed with the gold levers, the red fuel cap, and the blue heel guards?

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Has aftermarket slip-ons, cant tell what brand. after market clutch cover and pressure plate. Linkage appears to be rubbing the fairing so make your adjustments to fix that and see if the shifting problem persists.

Did I mention I would like to strangle whoever came up with the color scheme, mixed with the gold levers, the red fuel cap, and the blue heel guards?
Slip ons might be Two Brothers, kind of looks like it from what little I can see.

·
Registered
461 Posts
gear shift lever isn't the right one for 848-1098.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RC713, I think your completely right about the gear shifter, I'll definatly try that adjustment, because it has me worried that the actual transmission is messed up. I should mention it has 11,000 miles, and I'm a dealer and actually got it from a bank repossession company that resells vehicles at wholesale auctions..... Don't hate me when i say I payed 5k even for it, hahaha :) It's from Orlando, Flordia btw. The paint itself is done nicely for the most part, but I'm not in love with it, even though I know some people love that look. Yeah the brightly colored add ons do look kind of tacky haha, even though there all high quality parts. What makes you guys say the gear lever at your feet is the wrong one?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
461 Posts
it has the wrong bend in it. look at a stock 1098 shifter and you'll see.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
It is wrong but that is easy enough to fix with a stock part from ebay or use this as the perfect REASON (not excuse if a wife is involved) to get some nice aftermarket rearsets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha okay thanks, what are good rearsets too get? Also, I need some turn signals, because this thing has none on it lol..... Does anyone know of good, fairly cheap turn signals to get?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Well unfortunately for you the front signals are integrated into the mirrors. That means either ebay, the dealer, or some aftermarket ones. The rears should be a cinch to find either the stock set-up or some aftermarket, or use an aftermarket rear taillight with integrated signals.

As far as rearsets go, rizoma, woodcraft, crg, gilles, etc..... OR go for some chinese knockoffs for far less $$$$$$$$$$$ on ebay. I just ordered some of the chinese ones but they will not arrive for a couple weeks so I cannot attest to quality. I was gonna post some pics and a small review once they arrived. I figured for the cost it was worth the risk.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Well unfortunately for you the front signals are integrated into the mirrors. That means either ebay, the dealer, or some aftermarket ones.
That's a Ducati Performance Desmocedici mirror/indicator, contact moto-science and he may be able to sell you one mirror and rubbers if the others OK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm okay good ideas thanks.... I have crg Bar end mirrors from my MV Agusta that I'll try on first, and then get some front and back turn signals. I think I want to put the rear turn signals in the vents, and just get some for up front.

Another think that worries me is what kind of mantinence has been done on it at 11,000...... I'm still kind of debating on weather or not to keep the MV instead, since I know it has been taken care of at 16,000 miles......:think: Ahhhh

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire Brake

$5,000 for a 2007 1098 is a steal I think, and It is in fairly good condition....... But I do understand what you mean by rough, because I'm not sure if I really want to keep this instead of the MV.... Ofc it does have almost 30 more horsepower and it feels amazing to drive, I just want to make sure it's going to last.

Okay, so I just got home and tried adjusting the gear shift lever, but I have no clue how to do it. I loosened the center part and it did bring it out but it basically just loosened it. Does anyone know how to adjust this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
View attachment 121979

$5,000 for a 2007 1098 is a steal I think, and It is in fairly good condition....... But I do understand what you mean by rough, because I'm not sure if I really want to keep this instead of the MV.... Ofc it does have almost 30 more horsepower and it feels amazing to drive, I just want to make sure it's going to last.

Okay, so I just got home and tried adjusting the gear shift lever, but I have no clue how to do it. I loosened the center part and it did bring it out but it basically just loosened it. Does anyone know how to adjust this?

Okay, I just adjusted it on the other side and the gear shifts feel good now, so the fairing was in the way causing the problem:).

I don't have enough fairing bolts though, I'm missing about 5. Does anyone know a cheap site/ place to get these?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts