Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit a bump and broke my steering damper. Replaced with an ohlins one. Now my steering doesn't look straight. Could my fork be bent or is it something else . Dont wanna ride till I know what's wrong for a peace of mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
So I can’t get the pic to load ( on the road ) but most likely you’ve just got some re- aligning to do. Did you check your wheel/ tire for cracks/ damage ?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Your "steering" [sic] looks fine from the picture. It looks to me as though the damper is either installed incorrectly .... or .... that might just be how the Ohlins damper sits. Did you replace all of the old damper mounting brackets with whatever Ohlins sent with the new one, or are you using the mounting hardware from the one that broke? If so, that mounting gear may not be geometrically compatible with the new damper unit. Correction would be to use the mounting hardware supplied with the new Ohlins damper.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Also, can you provide a more detailed explanation of what you mean by "broke" regarding the old damper when you hit the bump. And what was the "bump" .... a speed bump? ... a small irregularity in the road? ... a Supercross jump? .... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it was a bump on the highway.was going bout 120mph . The damper snapped where the link is towards screw rear mounts to the handle bar.also broke both of the steering stopper. Lucky to still be typing now. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts