Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ducati 900
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike has developed a little issue. I can get on it start it ride however far I want to. But as soon as I stop somewhere after having rode a little distance it won't start back up. It acts like the kill switch is engaged.....that's a good band. Anyways if I let it sit for a while and cool off it will fire back up like normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Monster 1100 Evo, 2020 Multistrada 1260S, 2008 track 848
112 Posts
You mean no starter when you push the starter button?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Solenoids can act weird, as can the starter button itself when they get hot. I believe your bike's solenoid has a tiny plug on it to give the signal, you might find it is corroded or the wire compromised. First thing I would check. The kickstand wire next.

·
Registered
2000 ducati 900
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Solenoids can act weird, as can the starter button itself when they get hot. I believe your bike's solenoid has a tiny plug on it to give the signal, you might find it is corroded or the wire compromised. First thing I would check. The kickstand wire next.
Ok thanks I'll go check

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Both solenoids and starter buttons can act like that just before they give out completely.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It only happens when its warm or hit after a ride. I would think if the solenoid was bad it wouldn't start at all
Resistance increases with temperature, clearances also increase with temperature. As a result, brushes, solenoids, switches and terminals that are working fine at ambient each add a bit more voltage drop and a single component or a combination may let you down at operating temperature. Check resistances cold and hot to chase down the problem(s).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts