Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I initially thought, after replacing my master, line and slave, that something in the clutch system. I was having a hard time getting it into gear after a test ride.

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/714411-yoyodyne-issue-other-clutch-problem.html

Now, I've got it on the bench and as I started checking things out I noticed it's not going through the gears :frown2:

Here's a video of how things look,

Seems like it only goes into one gear, through neutral and into another. I have it set up in "Race" pattern so don't let the direction of the up/down shifts throw you off.

I have tried with the clutch lever depressed, clutch lever out. I can feel the trans in gear (not sure what gear it is) but it clearly is not stepping through all the gears.

Guessing my first step would be to check the gear selector fork return spring. Other ideas?

Jeff

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Check the shift detent under the big nut on the left rear of the tranny. There should be a spring and plunger in there.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the shift detent under the big nut on the left rear of the tranny. There should be a spring and plunger in there.
Are you referring to the Push Rod holder, spring and ball bearing that is screwed into the back left? (sorry, having trouble uploading or linking pictures)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try loading up the rear wheel while shifting. The engine is not running so the trans shafts are not turning. I suspect your dog gears are not engaging(they need to rotate it aligned and mesh).

When you ride it you can shift through the gears, correct?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Try loading up the rear wheel while shifting. The engine is not running so the trans shafts are not turning. I suspect your dog gears are not engaging(they need to rotate it aligned and mesh).

what he said. load the lever, rotate wheel, release lever, repeat. if it shifts through nice it's fine. it's unlikely to shift with the wheel stationary.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

what he said. load the lever, rotate wheel, release lever, repeat. if it shifts through nice it's fine. it's unlikely to shift with the wheel stationary.
Did that but will keep at it. I was on it, with the motor running and it was not shifting stuck in a high gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts