Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been FOREVER since I've been on track with the '93 900/944SS. This year made one attempt and was rained out. Like Silverstone rain. Going through a lot of differed maintenance this winter and sorting through options for front pads.

Surprisingly, I did not find much in this specific forum (Supersports). The consensus from other forums here on Ducati.ms that options might be,

- SBSRacing
- EBC
- Perf friction
- Ferodo Sintered

Not sure what the new developments in compound have been in the years since the kids have grown. For the guys/ladies racing or doing a lot of track days what do you like for the stock Brembo P4 30/34 calipers (Showa forks, gold valve, race-tech springs)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Sintered pads for stainless, organic for cast iron.

Changing pad compounds and manufacturers means scrubbing the old film off the rotors and bedding in the new pads, which isn't necessary if you use the same pad/compound that came off. Ride with what's popular in your area so finding replacements isn't difficult, especially at a track day where you may be able to buy or borrow someone else's spare.

Around here everyone seems to prefer EBC HH sintered pads on stainless. Really wonderful braking, good initial bite with a feel that matches lever modulation - it does what you want it to do the way you expect it to.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
And the Ferodo Platinum pads work really nicely with the iron disks.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
I don’t race but For the SS with Stainless rotors the EBC HH has great initial bite and feel, even cold. The Brembo HH has more initial bite when cold, harder to modulate.

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
For stainless steel rotors I am a big fan of Dp sintered pads. There are 2 different HH rated versions so you can choose between "race" pads that bite with most of the force and little travel or "sport" and get to the same level of braking power but it builds slower to that max level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts