Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These look interesting. I like that they're going 1200 cc and 200+ hp, claiming lots of bottom and midrange with top end as well. I like that they offer bst wheels etc. as an option too. Hopefully they'll make it into the superbike shootouts. Anyone considering one?

2017 V4 RR ? AF1 RACING

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
nothing quirky about the design of that Norton to my eye, I think it looks fantastic and is a very attractive and appealing motorcycle all around. I love the fact that it's been achieving respectable results around the Island the last couple of years. It's a little beyond my realistic financial means but it's on my lottery wish list..!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hmmmm. British "quirkiness" doesn't seem to have caused Triumph any disadvantages over the last 10 years or so.

Drysdale, PGM ....... now that's quirky, and I don't see too many of them on the street or track.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
These look interesting. I like that they're going 1200 cc and 200+ hp, claiming lots of bottom and midrange with top end as well. I like that they offer bst wheels etc. as an option too. Hopefully they'll make it into the superbike shootouts. Anyone considering one?

2017 V4 RR ? AF1 RACING
With a Ducati MotoGP V4 based Superbike due imminently? Nope... not for one second.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With a Ducati MotoGP V4 based Superbike due imminently? Nope... not for one second.
I was thinking the same thing, their timing's a little off, but good luck to them, i hope they can make a go of it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The Ducati V4 has yet to prove it's a streetable engine (see the Pani). Come to think about it, Ducati has yet to provide a rideable streetbike (roasted nuts/swamp ass). :surprise:

That Norton (if I'm not wrong) basically copied the architecture of the Aprilia V4 (engine and body), bumped it up 200cc, slapped on a *British* price tag and called it a day. Proof; the Norton boasts adjustable headstock angle&swingarm position etc..., exactly what the RSV4 Factory offered. The Norton is the result of air-brushing the Aprilia; weak effort imo. But then again I can't blame them, the ape is damn sexy.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It is a boutique bike. Don't care for all the polished and chrome, but the shape is nice. Price is sky high but I understand why.

Remains to be seen if it would be remotely reliable.

They seem like a great seventh or twentieth bike for a well-to-do enthusiast collector.

I am sure they will be performers, but considering the alternatives in that range I doubt it would ever be my first V4 choice. Maybe if I already had a desmosedici RR, new Ducati V4, RC30, RC45, and RSV4 RF.

Reactions: Namor

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
...The meaning of "Pommy" is actually a reference to "POHM" which, according to the Aussies is shorthand for "Prisoner of Her Majesty".

Thanks to TexasJeff for teaching me something today... never knew that. Hopefully it will be a trivia question someday... nobody will ever believe how I came upon that little nugget of knowledge.

:wink2:

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
The Ducati V4 has yet to prove it's a streetable engine (see the Pani). Come to think about it, Ducati has yet to provide a rideable streetbike (roasted nuts/swamp ass). :surprise:
Based on the overall design and build quality, as well as performance and just plain outright sex appeal of the quite streetable 899/959, I am quite willing to give Ducati the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The Ducati V4 has yet to prove it's a streetable engine (see the Pani). Come to think about it, Ducati has yet to provide a rideable streetbike.
(Clears throat) I have been able to drive all my Ducati machines on the street, even my rabidly illegal track bike. So, in my perspective, Ducati makes, in my experience, ridable street bikes. Other than making my point, I have no idea what you are talking about. I mean, if I could drive a Torture Rack to work just as well as I could drive a Honda Civic, I would take the Rack every day. No question at all. Ever. What? Why, b/c every soul that saw me driving around ham strung on the torture rack would say, "That guy is awesome! He has his sh*t together! That Torture Rack is the naughty bits!"

Trouble is, no one has made a Torture Rack with 4 wheels and an internal combustion engine. Now, 2 wheels and an engine... rumor is, Dovi does just fine on them.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,189 Posts
I had the wonderful pleasure of knowing an Australian women long ago. : )

The meaning of "Pommy" is actually a reference to "POHM" which, according to the Aussies is shorthand for "Prisoner of Her Majesty".

Wrong.. it's prisoner of Mother England.
Surprised Xracer didn't pull you up on that one.

Reactions: cb4265

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,189 Posts
The word Pommy is also almost never used in Oz with out the further adjective referring to the subjects immediate parentage :wink2:
Especially in pubs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts