Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Northern Cal

481 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  scott
Anybody north of Chico interested in riding the great roads up here. I live in Mt Shasta and am available for rides most days(retired).
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Maybe in the summer we can get a group to go up there? I've wanted to ride some of that stuff, looks fantastic. We have trailers, we have Ducatis, we have smokes, its 200 miles to Mr. Shasta, we are on a mission from God!

Keep in touch, we can put this together. You can also come down and join us for the private track day at Thunderhill in Sept. Check the below website for more info.

· Registered
16,673 Posts
Jan was talking to me the other day about organizing a ride to the Chico area. If you guys put one together, I'm in.

I was also talking to Jovan about doing a ride out to Sea Ranch. I can get a place there for a reasonable price so we can make a 2 or 3 day trip out of it.

· Registered
3,131 Posts
I have a great route I want to share with you guys sometime this year...but it ends in Chico...bummer dude. We can make it work though!!

· Premium Member
8,240 Posts
I'll follow with my enclosed trailer in case someone breaks down. Has Condor Chocks, the whole shootin match. I think a good ride would be not only the Mt Shasta are, but also above Chico like Lassen or Lake Almanor.

Sea Ranch is good, I'll bring my surf pole. Maybe I can catch enough surf perch for dinner. They are by far the best tasting fish, next to Ling Cod or mountain Trout.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
162 also known as the Oro-Quincy hwy is one of the greatest roads around. miles of new pavement through the woods, but still closed due to snow.
32 from the Lake Almanor area to Chico is also a good ride, but much more traffic. 49 from Nevada City up through Downieville to 89 has a lot to offer along with 70 and the Feather River canyon. all 50 to 70 mile legs. all doable in one day, but especially the middle section of Oro-Quincy begs to be repeated several times.

· Registered
28 Posts
The Four Phil's Ducati riding and posing Club of Chico would be glad to host an event in our town. We had the Great Hobatz(Gary Eagan) here last year for a ST meet in Downieville. It is somehow more fun to share a road with people who have never ridden it, through the eyes of babes or some shite.

We also have an ecletic collection of bikes if someone wants to bench race and knee drag in the garage.

· Registered
439 Posts
Allright! Sounds like a date. We should figure out the weekend and start planning. I'm always down for nice roads. How far up north is Chico .. can we ride there or tow??? It would be an all day deal, so I guess a Saturday would be better.

I'm down with Sea Ranch too - did that earlier this year and that Rt 1 north of Sea Ranch (about an hour ride north of Bodega Bay) is S I C K. Nothing but nice pavement and twisties. The best way I can describe the area is as if Mosquito ridge was by the ocean side .. but much nicer pavement. 15 min south of Sea Ranch is where Skags Road (sp?) hits Rt 1 @ Stewards Point. Scott knows that roads well .. maybe we can get him to shows us around.

· Premium Member
8,240 Posts
I've heard awesome things about 162. Was planning on getting a group up there this year for sure, for me next year. The guy I spoke to about it told me its just like Wentworth Springs but 10x longer! Just like JB said in this thread. Again, I'll follow with my truck/trailer just in case someone has a break down.

· Administrator
13,888 Posts
I am sure I could be convinced to go to the coast just about any time for a tour!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.