Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

North American Streetfighter Availabilty

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Loboost 
#1 ·
This was taken from Road Racing World

In anticipation of the Streetfighter’s arrival, Ducati is pleased to announce a priority reservation system for future owners. When a customer places a deposit through the Ducati dealer network, he or she is added to Ducati’s priority delivery list and is guaranteed delivery of the first Streetfighter available. Interest in the Streetfighter is at an all time high with gleaming press reviews about to hit newsstands. This priority reservation system will ensure Ducati fans get seat time on their new Streetfighter as soon the bikes hit dealerships.

I'm not familiar with this process, but it seems that is how they are going to gauge popularity and make sure dealers are not going to be overstocked with the SFS.

#4 ·
Nope just smart business, that way they don't have dozens left over at the end of the model year. Same tactics MV is doing for 1078s and they're blowing out leftovers at giveaway prices.

Also, it's my understanding the US SFs will come in as 2010 models, anyone else know if this is true?

Chris

#8 · (Edited)
Not trying to be negative. I must have mis-interpreted the gleaming reviews. Think the bike is awesome which I've stated several times in other posts. Just funny how when one challenges an aspect of a motorcycle another is going to buy or suggests a marketing scheme people get so adversarial and defensive. Don't take it personal, take it easy, you dont have to fight for the Streetfighters honor - this is not the karate kid 2, its ducati.ms

#9 ·
you dont have to fight for the Streetfighters honor - this is not the karate kid 2, its ducati.ms
It's the Octagon brother! Ducati Streetfighter, the Chuck Norris of motorcycles...punching holes into the chest cavities of the competition, kicking heads clean off.... This ain't no karate kid 2!

I digress...

#13 ·
Hahaha...somebody knew what I was talking about!!! :p I mean, it is called a Streetfighter right? We should trick it out Chuck Norris Style!!!

#14 ·
If I was Chuck Norris with the SF? Screw the slipper clutch, - a flame thrower mounted on the right side with modified burst control on the switchgear. M60 on swivel tech mount with unlimited ammo. Bar-end weights slide out and double as small grenades for minor infiltration.

#16 ·
Yes, my CR is black already. I also own a compound bow that I could adapt to a crossbow to mount on bars. Actually I think we should all build Chuck Norris bikes, SFs and do a group ride/meetup, Chuck Norris/Mad Max Style down the highway

Now that I think of it, the stock exhaust would be perfect for housing smoke grenades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.