Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I used to love golf. I played all the time. I'd leave work early just to get in 18 before sunset. I even ran a small league of sorts. That was about 11 or 12 years ago. Last Saturday, my son had some money burning a hole in his pocket, so he went out and bought Tiger Woods Something-or-other for X-Box. I haven't stopped playing it since.

I got to thinking...when was the last time I played golf? I've been to the driving range a couple of times, but I think the last actual round of golf I played was back in 1996. Ten years.

I was never very good -- far from it, in fact. Going back to the game will most likely be like starting over from scratch. But since money is so tight for me this year and I can't really afford track days at $200 a pop, I think maybe I'll pick up golf again. I can get around 18 at a couple of courses here locally for about $20 or so if I walk instead of renting a cart.
Anyone want to go sometime? You'd have to be willing to play with a rusty old fart who will probably average like 120 on 18 for the first few times out. I think I'll probably be bringing my 14 year old along, too, so he'll likely be as newb as I will. It'd be fun to have a couple more to make a regular foursome, though.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some of my old hacking-and-slashing grounds are Diamond Oaks, Woodcreek Oaks, Haggin Oaks, and Cherry Island. D.O. is cheapest at $29, W.O. the most at $40. But both have twilight rates < $20.

Even at $40 for 18 with another $26 for a cart, I can play 3 rounds for what one T-Hill track day would cost. :) Not quite as much fun, perhaps, but I wouldn't be doing it for the excitement. I suck too bad to get excited. Mostly it'd be to get out of the house for a few hours and walk around the course playing hide-and-seek with the last tee-shot I shanked. :eek:

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zooom said:
I think you need to spend some time in the arcade pumping quarters into Golden Tee before going back out on the course....and as far as $20 a round....I'd be surprised if you could get away that cheaply...seems like even the community public courses with greens fees and everything are at a minimum of $40 a round....though it may be a bit of a difference between the left coast and the right coast!...
*sigh* I remember the good ole days when I was living in Arlington, Mass. There was a 9-hole Muni course just over the Cambridge line where we could play 9 holes for $6 or 18 for $7. My bro and I used to go there all the time. It was open year-round -- I've played in the rain and the sun, and even with 3" of snow on the ground and all the water hazards frozen solid. That was a hoot -- but God help you if all you had were white golf balls!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.