Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I hope everyone is keeping safe. Just wanted to say hi. I'm a 2013 MTS 1200s owner currently locked down in Oxfordshire. Like everyone I'm looking forward to getting out. Spending my time sorting out all of the little niggly jobs I'd have otherwise not got round to and spending money like there's no tomorrow buying bits I don't need. Last ride out I had a scary motorway blow out so new tyres and a tyre pressure monitor are just 2 of the purchases. Just a note on that: don't be like me. Watch some you tube videos on using a repair kit if you have one. I had one, also gas cartridges (and a can of tyre weld) and didn't have a scooby what to do with it! You'll see the tyre weld over the hard shoulder on the M40! Kitted out with a compressor and good kit now. Ride safe and look forward to seeing some of you out there on the road.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey Cliffster! Welcome in! Sounds like quite the (mis)adventure! Glad you didn't go flying like the can did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Cliffster! Welcome in! Sounds like quite the (mis)adventure! Glad you didn't go flying like the can did.
Thank you Kalyx. Yes, heart-stopping stuff! Really thought it was going down. Seemed like an age nursing it to the hard shoulder while the back snaked like a good 'un! Luckily had breakdown cover so a mere 4 hours later I was rescued and on my way home. Could have been so much worse had I not been travelling in a straight line and slowing down to discuss directions with my mate? First one in over 40 years on bikes though so I'll be long gone before the next one (I hope!).

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. Glad you ended up coming out OK, what a pucker moment! :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts