Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 999 and 2008 1098S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the snow covered and blustery Upstate of South Carolina! What a day!! We only get weather like this every five years or so and that's much too frequent in my estimation.

I just purchased my third and fourth Ducatis, a 2003 999 that will be my winter project and a 2008 1098S that I thought I could ride right away but, no. The bike itself is fine and well maintained but the suspension was designed for someone much heavier than me. Why Ducati would put such heavy springs on a bike knowing that the majority of their buyers would weigh well under 250 lbs. is beyond me. Ugh!

Prior to these two I had a 1991 851 Superbike and a 2013 Monster 1100 EVO and they cemented the Ducati experience into my soul. I've owned eleven other bikes over my fifty years of riding but nothing compares to a Ducati. I don't race nor do I blast through any canyons. Rather, I just enjoy the sounds, the sensations and the joy of riding one of the premier motorcycles of our era.

I look forward to "meeting" the other forum members and learning from everyones' combined experiences.

rrudytoo

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2003 999 and 2008 1098S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts