Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 696 has 10K miles on it and the shop is recommending I replace the chain and front/rear sprockets. They said the Ducati chain and sprocket kit would cost $343 before tax.

Is anyone aware of non-Ducati replacements that cost less and where I can order them?

TIA

·
Registered
138 Posts
Your options are virtually endless. Any 520 chain will fit the same as a Ducati 520 chain. The price will vary greatly based on quality.

The sprockets are bike specific, but there are numerous companies that make good sprockets for less than OEM Ducati prices. Renthal, Driven...

I'd start with the sponsors of this site. I've spent tons of $$$ with Anthony at commoto.com and desmoworks.com. He's great. He'll tell you what you need and if he doesn't have it (doubtful) I'm sure he can get it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've mentioned it before here, but I use nothing but DID ZVM chain (top of the line), and right at the moment I have a Stealth set of sprockets. The rear is steel outer, aluminum inner, and they last at least 5 times longer than the aluminums. A 520 chain (DID) is about $110. The sprocket is $79 for the rear and about $26 for the front. $215 or so? I get my chains from Kyle Racing (kyleusa.com) and the sprockets direct from Krause Racing (Sidewinder). You will have to buy a 120 link chain, and cut it to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts