Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1998 748.. The bike died when it was idling, it would start again after a few hours, but still die out.. Now.. won't fire over at all.. I traced it back to the ignition coils getting ground but no 12v input... checked fuses.. Charged batt.. I'm at a loss!! Please help!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
all i can do is wish you good luck. electrical problems are such a mystery to me. the stuff is like magic.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
1st thing about Ducati's is, when the bike stops working, its something simple. Not getting spark doesn't mean anything. Bikes that work fine, sometimes arn't obviously getting spark, so thats a bad diagnostic procedure unless you've checked all other avenues; timing sensor and ECU, first.

Have you washed the bike, or gotten it wet recently?

Can you tell me what if anything you've done to the bike at all? Even minor things like replacing a light bulb or taking the fairings off?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st thing about Ducati's is, when the bike stops working, its something simple. Not getting spark doesn't mean anything. Bikes that work fine, sometimes arn't obviously getting spark, so thats a bad diagnostic procedure unless you've checked all other avenues; timing sensor and ECU, first.

Have you washed the bike, or gotten it wet recently?

Can you tell me what if anything you've done to the bike at all? Even minor things like replacing a light bulb or taking the fairings off?
I got the Bike last Saturday.. Rode it around the block.. Washed it on Monday... Relocated stock turn signals and installed fender elminator kit.. Sat till Wednesday, then it started dieing out when I was letting it warm up to take it out on Wednesday night..

Any help is greatly appreciated.. Ive spent 4 hours in my garage tracing down wires and checking relays! This is my first Duc and usally I'm the guy that people go to about electrical problems!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts