Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i traded my 99 900ss today, i traded it straight up for a 02 zzr1200 kawasaki sport touring bike with 19k on the odo, perfect condition and well maintained.
the riding postion just wasnt comfortable for long trips with my worn out 50yr old body any longer.
i will miss the duc but sometimes you got to do things to make life more comfy

·
Registered
255 Posts
Too bad the Ducati wasn't for you. The 99+ riding position was quite a bit more extreme than the pre-99. Anyway hope you enjhoy the Kawi, I think you got a pretty good deal on your trade.

Cheers

d.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
With just clip-on bar risers and a taller windscreen the '99 SS makes a pretty fair sport touring mount for riding curvy two-lane roads. What I would miss with the change you're making is the much lighter weight of the SS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm amused. Traded my 2006 ZX 14 for my 96 900cr and I'm 56 but I understand what you're doing.;) Sometimes the new bug bites.

Kaput

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
54 here and wouldn't dream of selling my 900SS or my 955SP. Just have to work at staying in shape. Bruce 19 is 60 something and still rides his 998 all the time, and in multi-hundred mile bites.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I'm amused. Traded my 2006 ZX 14 for my 96 900cr and I'm 56 but I understand what you're doing.;) Sometimes the new bug bites.

Kaput
Nooooo..... you're supposed to keep the Kawi and get an ST! ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
58 and have no plans ever selling '95 900ss/sp. did, however, buy a VFR for longer rides, VFR compliments the ss perfectly. :D

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
62 here with two recent knee operations from a crash and a rebuilt shoulder from the same crash and a broken back in three places and oh, I forgot a fractured pelvis, but you will not see me selling my 999R anytime soon. I have to admit, my knees and hips hurt if I don't get off now and then and stretch, but now I have the Multistrada and that was the cure.

I had a 01 900ss and actually I didn't think the ergos were any better than my 916. Maybe a little better, but still an aggressive position. We all know what to do to help that situation, but ultimately its hard to beat a straight up seating position for long rides.

·
Registered
275 Posts
@ 58 I'll keep my 1098S and K1200S for longer rides.....Bookoo lats and crunches along with my other programs hopefully, keep me go'in for a while :D

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
OK 2 cents

I'm 52 love my 95 SS cr (givi bar risers) but I ride my GT1000 two up..., the perfect 1-2 stable BUT I sat on a 1098 last week... OMFG it was as comfortable as the 900 SS I get to ride it next week... I'm scared, not of the 160+ HP but that I'll want One!!!!!!!

09 Ducati GT 1000 Ohlins F&R Termis, Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

·
Registered
570 Posts
I turn 46 in two weeks. My 900SP has given at least 10 years of youth back. They will have to pry my dead cold hands off the handle bars to get me off my baby! :p

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
@ 58 I'll keep my 1098S and K1200S for longer rides.....Bookoo lats and crunches along with my other programs hopefully, keep me go'in for a while :D
Wow, good for you. I work out virtually every day and it makes a huge difference in my ability to ride. I have read that for motorcycle riding, it's back and leg strength that counts the most. Oh, I'm turing 50 in November.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I am Boomer hear me roar.....

Yep, the boomers are determined to hang on to their youth and are willing to go to great efforts to make that happen. I ride with a 50-65 crowd, all on sport bikes, and there is nary a spare tire amoungst the lot. One of our crew got hit with macular degeneration that made him hang up the leathers but otherwise, we soldier on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts