Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I did some searching and didn't find much.

I am looking to lose the two front-facing horns to clean up the front of the bike on a '06 Sport1000.

Perfect world it would be louder and hid somewhere, somehow....thoughts?

...sorry if this covered somewhere I didn't find!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Some people tuck them under the air box to hide them with a bracket. I just removed mine entirely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: fastfinch

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
170 Posts
What I did with mine was took one of the brackets that the horn is attached to, bent it, and stuck it right under the air box. If you look there's a aluminum threaded bushing that the air box sits on. I screwed it into there. Cant see the horn and you got one when you need it.

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
I also moved one of my horns under the airbox and behind the oil cooler on a bracket that I fabricated. One horn isn't very loud and it's facing the front cylinder instead of the idiots I would be honking at, but I think if you are relying on the horn to scare off errant cagers you're already in trouble no matter how loud the horn. And all of the loud horns I could find were seriously ugly in addition to being too big to hide anywhere on an unfaired bike anyway. I am in Wilmette if you want to see how I mounted mine.

Reactions: fastfinch

·
Official Retired Person
7,489 Posts
I moved both horns behind the "battery covers" on my GT1000. Also replaced the stock horns with a pair of Fiamm's. There is a thread somewhere here. Several people have done similar things.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Many car horns aren’t that much larger than bike horns. Find some you like or go to the junkyard with a small battery. Upscale cars usually have louder horns.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have one of the velocity stack intake kits on my bike so the airbox is gone. Left me enough room to put a Hella Supertone horn under the front edge of the gas tank. You can see the red ring of the horn the gap between the tank and the steering head in this picture.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts