Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Excel Addict
5,071 Posts
I just voted hell no.

I think the days/posts could be relaxed but no opinion really on either as I know where to get parts if I nee them, and having a simple Duc, I do not need them!

I recall a post within the last six months or so where there was a heap of stuff for sale.

I asked the question on what model etc. do you own and never had a response to the post.
Seemed to me that a non-Duc owner/rider was trying to use the forum to flog parts they came across in an opportunist way.
I expect though that whatever those parts were, would be useful to Dms members.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Seems as if my side is losing, oh well, I'm getting closer by the hour, trying to keep my posts/comments relevant and not spammy :D

Now don't go making the post count super high on me lol

Looking forward to building trust with the forum :)

·
Bon Vivant
10,200 Posts
I didnt read the whole thread but I say no dont change it. The problem is that it would be easier for scammers who can smash and grab and disappear. Building trust with the forum is important. I want to buy from people who are at least somewhat known here. The wait and post count dissuades would-be crooks, it takes too much effort when they can move on to a forum with easier access.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If the people with less than 25 posts couldn't vote on polls either, this chart this chart probably looks like 100% hell no. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I voted "hell no" but I'd be fine with just a 30 day limit. As far as post count goes, it's only useful if you sit and go through the seller's posts. When my father was looking for parts for his Indian, I got past the post limit on that website just by responding "beautiful bike" enough times in a "show us your bike" picture thread (not bypassed intentionally, I thought the bikes were beautiful). Not that time on the board is a measure either. My own post count here is very low but I've been lurking here since 2009 and I'm on the forum a few times per day reading various threads. Unfortunately I have a bike from a part of the forum that is largely dead so most of my posts have come from interest in other Ducati models. Hopefully I'll have more to post about soon.

·
5,218 Posts
I voted "hell no" but I'd be fine with just a 30 day limit. As far as post count goes, it's only useful if you sit and go through the seller's posts. When my father was looking for parts for his Indian, I got past the post limit on that website just by responding "beautiful bike" enough times in a "show us your bike" picture thread (not bypassed intentionally, I thought the bikes were beautiful). Not that time on the board is a measure either. My own post count here is very low but I've been lurking here since 2009 and I'm on the forum a few times per day reading various threads. Unfortunately I have a bike from a part of the forum that is largely dead so most of my posts have come from interest in other Ducati models. Hopefully I'll have more to post about soon.
I bet some of the other people with low post counts are secretly happy that your count is so low. Makes them feel better about themselves.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
I've always wanted to be a member of the "better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open it and prove it" crowd... but I find it nearly impossible to stick to that philosophy. :-D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've always wanted to be a member of the "better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than open it and prove it" crowd... but I find it nearly impossible to stick to that philosophy. :-D
The cure is to not give a shat about what others think of you and just be courageous enough to be yourself.

:wink2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've yet to hit 25 posts, been around a few months, and I've bought a few things via messaging the seller. I think 25 is excessive for people that prefer to lurk more.

Maybe just the 30 day limit?

Or 15 posts with a time limit.

I could also "welcome" everyone in the intro forum.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Lately, there's lots of posts that add nothing but post count to the thread. So maybe it means little to have a threshold. But it does keep the classifieds to those who stick around long enough for us to get a sense of their motivations, whether commiseration, commeraderie, or commerce.

But please, we gotta keep out the counterfeit Dainese/Arai assholes. I'd raise the classifieds threshold to six months.

or

maybe

a

#$%&*@# WORD COUNT MINIMUM!!! ..Measured across all posts over a month. Say, a thousand words or six months, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'd raise the classifieds threshold to six months.

or

maybe

a

#$%&*@# WORD COUNT MINIMUM!!! ..Measured across all posts over a month. Say, a thousand words or six months, whichever comes first.
Nice post!!! I really agree with this.

That's an example of typical garbage people are posting to fulfill their obligations to get into classifieds. I like your idea, especially the word count minimum at the end of 6 months. Would really get rid of the people who are just posting garbage one liners. Best idea here yet. Either you want to be a part of the community (and also get the benefit of the classifieds) or you don't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Been a lurker for nearly 10 years. I have learned a lot from reading the forum. Many of my questions have been answered using the search bar. Now I have an exhaust I want to sell. So here I am. 4 more posts to go!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Missed the poll but I would be in the "Hell No" camp.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The 30 day rule makes sense but 25 posts is rather excessive IMO. Hell, part of the reason I joined was to liquidate my old parts stash . . .
If you can't contribute any of your experience, knowledge or opinion (good or bad) then I don't want you here. Sell on eBay.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts