Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would ya'll like it if new members have immediate access to the classifieds section? No more "must have 25 posts and be a member for 30 days" rule?

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I say YES. Seriously, why not ? It’s a resource for both buyers and sellers. Parts are sometimes hard to find, so the more the merrier.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I don't feel like 25 posts is too much. Most of the other of forums I belong to have a one hundred post minimum (which is where I got the meme .. see attached). Really helps to keep the spammers in check.

But you admins/mods do whatever ... I mean, in the end it's your choice since you're the ones that will have to deal with people joining just to use this place as a free selling forum.

if there's no needed wait then i think you'll just get mega spam like some other forums do. has to be something nominal at least.
Totally!!!

And a waiting period isn't a bad thing either. I wouldn't want this place to turn into another "Gearsluts" forum (that is a forum about musical gear).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I say YES. Seriously, why not ? It’s a resource for both buyers and sellers. Parts are sometimes hard to find, so the more the merrier.
How will you feel when we get flooded with for sale/SPAM ads for shit like t-shirts, time share sales, and other interwebs marketing stuff? Or what will stop the SPAM-Bots?

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
if there's no needed wait then i think you'll just get mega spam like some other forums do. has to be something nominal at least.
If we want the forum selling male enhancement products... because that's how you get forums selling male enhancement products.

The only male enhancement product I needs is my right hand.... wait that came out wrong... the only male enhancement product I need is a Ducati, a twisty section of road AND my right hand.

But it IS hard to ride that way...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes and No?

Id like the idea of the 30-or even a 7/15 day wait, but the 25 posts rule could go. hey, I've been here a while and I just don't post much. I've been on the Triumph forums even LONGER and have less posts than I have here.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I think I'm on the mandatory waiting period, no post minimum camp. Painful enough to deter spammers, not painful for good faith members. Post count isn't really a proxy for community, sometimes its the opposite.

Relaxing the rules likely makes more work for the moderators who deal with the classifieds on a daily basis. I'm only there when I need stuff. I think the poll needs a hybrid option (wait period yes, post minimum no).

·
Official Retired Person
7,138 Posts
Wait!!?!!?

Now there's a new rule. Can't grab and save a picture to my phone unless I join Tapatalk VIP?

What's that? And why do I have to join?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
... Post count isn't really a proxy for community
The point behind the post count is to allow the membership to get to know someone. I for one would be unwilling to spend money with someone that had no posts or very few posts ... there's no way to know anything about the person's trustworthiness or character. Ask yourself if you'd really be willing to buy a $10,000 motorcycle or a set of $2,000 pipes from someone that has been a member for five years but has nearly no posts (or worse yet, a person who's been a member for one day with no posts). Or $3,000 worth of carbon fiber bodywork. Or a fifteen year old steel fuel tank. Or a poly fuel tank that is marketed as "perfect condition" without any pictures of it installed so you can see if it has swelled up or not. Or a set of heads ... you get the picture ... or at the very least you should get the picture. If you don't get the picture you may as well just write "sucker" on your forehead. Getting to know something about someone is the entire point of the feedback system on eBay. It gives the buyer some sort of idea about the seller's character, honesty, and trustworthiness.

While a post count is not the same as a feedback system, it most certainly gives you a look into the person's character.

... Post count isn't really a proxy for community
Ain´t that a fact.........
No ... no, it isn't a fact. In fact, it's weak logic.

But do as you wish .. it's your money.

:wink2:

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Where I'm from, the Poll would look something like:

What do you want?:

A. No More 25 Post/30 day Rule?

B. Some type of hybrid scheme?

C. Hell no, chaos will reign!

D. Hookers

(califblue will understand)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
How will you feel when we get flooded with for sale/SPAM ads for shit like t-shirts, time share sales, and other interwebs marketing stuff? Or what will stop the SPAM-Bots?
You SPAM us all the time and I still don't have a t-shirt or refrigerator magnet to show for it. 0:)

The point behind the post count is to allow the membership to get to know someone.
:wink2:
I've personally ridden with many dozens of people who are ducati.ms members at 9 local, regional & track day meetups. Many of them have very little or virtually no post count but I feel I know them and trust them. You have a big post count, I don't know you at all.

FYI, I thought about not-responding b/c your MO seem's to be getting into squabbles. Gna drop the mic here and stop posting on this topic b/c I don't want to foul up the thread. <BTW that is an example of being a good community member by NOT posting.>

Obligatory wink: :wink2:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts