Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,648 Posts
Yeah, that would be cool. Seems I'm watching Moto2 a little more closely than I used to.
Go Joe Roberts! And Jack!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Stoner was fast and won a lot in his time.
But Bayliss and Doohan had better public personalities.
That is true,
Interestingly, Bayliss is the only one actively promoting motorcycle sport in Australia, he was racing in the Australian superbikes, but now is part owner of the team with Mike Jones riding the bike, he was putting on a yearly invitational at his home town flat track club in Taree, lots of internationals came, guys like Jared Mees and so on, he promoted motorcycle expos etc and is still very active in lots of ways.
Doohan has done some road safety videos which are on You tube, they're interesting and good reminders for experienced guys and new riders alike but that's about all, you see him at races all round the place and he's a Honda ambassador but he's nowhere near as active as Bayliss.
Stoner? i've seen a couple of docos and interviews where he moans about how hard things were for him (Puhleeeze!) and that's it, he has a cattle station and enjoys his fishing, never see or hear from him at all.

All three of those guys would be multi millionaires, and rightly so, hard earned dollars, especially Doohan! but there are LOTS of ex GP riders who are just getting by, Garry McCoy runs a cafe in a little town about 120 miles from home and i ride out there from time to time, it's a big bike destination and there's always bikes there, he does rider coaching at the local track and things like that, very down to earth, easy going guy, he will talk to anyone about anything, always up for a chat, same with Bayliss to be fair. Good luck getting anything out of Doohan or Stoner in the way of a handshake or conversation, you have to find them first....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Undaunted gives a good insight in why many don't rate him to highly. His attitude is a huge problem. He's either winning or nowhere which loses way to many points to ever win the championship. He doesn't have the balls like Miller and Marquez or the alienlike skills of someone like Lorenzo.

·
Administrator
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Jorge would make it interesting!
Right now, I just want some racing to come back!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Perhaps it all comes down to money?
maybe dovi wants more and they aren’t prepared to give it to him..
My dad used to say that everything in life boils down to sex, money and lies.
god bless him lol

·
Administrator
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
https://www.autosport.com/moto...hip-can-be-difficult

Valentino Rossi says the relationship between Ducati and MotoGP riders is often "difficult", referencing his own experiences in 2011 and 2012 in relation to Andrea Dovizioso's current contract situation.

Talks between Dovizioso and Ducati for the 2021 season are currently on hold, with the pair not seeing eye to eye on the financial side of a new deal - with Ducati keen to scale back on big-money contracts in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

Ducati says it will resume negotiations in August, with Dovizioso's manager admitting his rider could take a sabbatical if his terms are not met.

When asked if there had been any development with his future talks, Dovizioso replied: "I don't know about my future at this moment.

"I know very well what I want, but now I am focused on the races because we are in an important moment of the season.

"We want to make a better result and we are focused on that."

When asked to comment on the situation with Ducati and Dovizioso, Rossi believes the "difficult" relationship he sometimes experienced is playing its part now - but hopes the Italian marque will retain the three-time championship runner-up.

"What we've seen during the past, sometimes it is difficult the relationship between the riders and Ducati," Rossi said.

"So, also, when I was there in 2011 and 2012 it was not easy. I think that for this reason they still don't arrive at the contract.

"But I hope for both that they will continue together because in the last years Dovi with Ducati is always strong."

Rossi's two years at Ducati (above) were largely plagued by an unwillingness from the Italian marque's race department to work closely with Rossi's crew - headed by multiple championship-winning crew chief Jeremy Burgess.

Ducati also famously lost 2007 world champion Casey Stoner to Honda in 2011, following an unwillingness to offer the Australian the deal he was looking for, while he was left aggrieved after 2009 for the way the marque handled his battle with an undiagnosed lactose intolerance problem.

Ducati currently only has one rider confirmed for 2021, with Jack Miller set to step up to the factory squad from Pramac.

As reported by Autosport, KTM Moto2 rider Jorge Martin is thought to have agreed a deal to join Pramac next year.

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I was very happy for Zarco to get pole. I’ve always liked him, seems he’s had some spats with some people around him over the years, but he’s stuck to his guns. Hopefully we’ll see more of him in the top 10 this year.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts