Discussion Starter #1
It's obvious there is no love for Dovi?
Why?

What is your opinion?

·
Registered
1993 750SS
114 Posts
Idk...he's a talented rider no doubt. Maybe it all boils down to charisma? Some guys have that star power, while others don't. Plus, he hasn't won a title in the premier class, so there is that.

Reactions: Turnip

·
Administrator
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least he came in second last year, and he has more personality than Pedrobot back in the day.
I just wish Ducati could be a contender again....

·
Registered
1993 750SS
114 Posts
At least he came in second last year, and he has more personality than Pedrobot back in the day.
I just wish Ducati could be a contender again....
Haha Pedrobot...yeah, that's true. What's more, Dovi has bested MM in one-on-one battles like 5 out of 6 times, or something like that.

Reactions: Rainman

·
Registered
76 Posts
Haha Pedrobot...yeah, that's true. What's more, Dovi has bested MM in one-on-one battles like 5 out of 6 times, or something like that.
That is really more of a testament to the dominance of Marquez in the last season. The tracks he normally would falter at and would be an "easy" victory for another team, he was fighting for the top step of the podium instead.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
114 Posts
That is really more of a testament to the dominance of Marquez in the last season. The tracks he normally would falter at and would be an "easy" victory for another team, he was fighting for the top step of the podium instead.
Perhaps. Or it could be Dovi's race craft. IMO, that's the only way anyone can beat Marquez. You have to outsmart him, because it's almost impossible to outrun him.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How about an infusion of luck? Dovi has had unfortunate breaks in a couple of seasons, some that weren't his fault. It's too bad that Lorenzo didn't clean out Marc instead of Dovi and Vale last year.

·
Registered
775 Posts
He's fast, no doubt about that, crafty too, and he's probably the most consistent on the Ducati, if he had better luck he may have been Motogp champion by now but in that game you make your own luck...

Dunno, maybe Ducatisti are impatient because they have seen good gains in the bike and want to see results, to me he seems to have lost his edge, he used to be prepared to stick it in anywhere but the last year or so he's more content to follow, probably set up issues or tyres not suiting him, who knows....

I doubt he will be there next year though, good luck to him if he is

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was always stunned by the similar level of talent, outspoken & opinionated personality along with their blatantly blase regard for the press... of 2 riders, from different eras: Kenny Roberts and Casey Stoner. I admired them both. Still do. Both were hella talented with a preference to let their riding speak for itself. Both seemingly found press conferences tedious. Neither seemed too obsessed with their popularity nor lack thereof.

Dovi often puts on a good show and seems to be a good guy. Just like many of the other guys on the grid before him and totaly unlike the 2 polarizing pariahs of the press I mentioned above.

I do agree with the press and everyone else on Rossi. He is undeniably the best PR generator for motorcycle road racing I know of; Head and Shoulders better! Doubt we will ever see his equal.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Per your premise, I respectfully disagree. When he was swapping last corner passes with MM, I seem to remember that there was a lot of love for Dovi. Feel free to remember it differently.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Per your premise, I respectfully disagree. When he was swapping last corner passes with MM, I seem to remember that there was a lot of love for Dovi. Feel free to remember it differently.

I think it's awesome how he got the better of MM on more than a few occasions of last lap/last corner shenanigans!

would love to see more of it, especially from Dovizioso, but so too from the other riders on factory bikes that really should be doing better......

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think it's awesome how he got the better of MM on more than a few occasions of last lap/last corner shenanigans!

would love to see more of it, especially from Dovizioso, but so too from the other riders on factory bikes that really should be doing better......
Quartararo - watch this space!

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
That Red Bull show was very eye opening. I kept wanting to yell at the television “ok, you get out there and ride it then” when various people were giving their advice. I also thought no wonder Stoner left and went to Honda. You’re only as good as your last race its said, a tough business for sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
At least he's not pissing and moaning like Casey Moaner.
Now, if he could make the results. :)
Hey! at least the little Aussie got a world title for Ducati, not like some other bloke who recons he could too, and did this bloke win a race on the Ducati Mmmmmmm. Then he ran back to the blue team with his tail between his legs.
Flosie has written the book for excuses on why! (oh! it's not me, no not me. it's the bike's fault, yes the flux capacitor was the wrong voltage, the aironortical difussilator was the wrong colour, my fans did not buy enough T shirts).
Sorry! but gotta stick up for the Aussies.........now it's going to be Jack Miller's, yep Miller time.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts