Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
I don’t think he could see where he was going about half the time. What is the redline ? I think it was 15000 rpm !

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
My mind cannot even comprehend the ability required to ride that fast, remember the course with unerring accuracy, going wfo when you can’t even see clearly. I kept watching the speedo rise and go blank over and over. How can he process the information at that speed , I can only be in total awe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When he pulls the front a few times as the speedo is blank, I just, I don't even know ?

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's the 37.75 mile Isle of Man course.
Been there. Rode it.
It was scary at 30.

·
Registered
279 Posts
People have been critical of places like the IOM and Pikes Peak through out the years, but racing there is what life is all about for the folks that choose to compete. Man and machine vs the course and himself. Sometimes the results are tragic, but there isn't much you could say to those riders that would keep them away from racing there. Life to the fullest......and the footage is awesome!

·
Registered
341 Posts
When the MPH is saying --- and the RPM dial is flashing yellow, I feel like I'm seeing god and he's telling me to go into the light.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
by the rev's he's over 200mph a couple times... I wonder how the R would contrast to the S or Speciale at IoM.

wheelies over 170mph... shakes head.

A bike like that would be a complete waste for me - I'd never use more than 20% of it's capabilities. He was short shifting into second at 75mph... at around 11,500. I could ride anywhere in my state and get a 'take your license' level speeding ticket IN FIRST GEAR.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That's this guy:

He's competed at World Superbike level, GPs (before MotoGP) and BSB as well as Isle of Man. He's 47 years old now, and still faster than most. From his bio:
Michael is the son of 7 times Isle of Man TT winner and 4-times world champion in the TT Formula two series Tony Rutter.

Michael’s first year of racing was in 1989. Rutter has tried his hand at everything from short circuit racing to roads racing, British Superbikes to Grand Prix, he has done it all. Not only that he has also been pretty successful in whatever he’s turned his hand to.

Rutter has won the Isle of Man TT and Classic TT 5 and 2 times respectively.
Both Michael and Tony raced Ducatis and Michael is in the process of restoring of his dad's old Ducati race bike for the classic TT. There's a running story about it in the British bike magazine Practical Sportsbikes/Performance Bike.

As for the video.....yeah, scary. Quite so. Ever seen the "Black Prince" video? ZX-11 ride on the ring road around Paris, during rush hour. It's kinda ancient...I saw it in the UK back before there was such a thing as Youtube....or really, the internet as we know it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Stupid fast for a std road bike.....

I've been to the TT and it was an amazing experience, nothing prepares you for the speed, we watched the superbike race from the end of Cronky Voddy straight and they tip into the corner WOT, MR on the Panigale rolled off, which makes sense on a road bike, some of the fast race bikes have more in suspension that that panigale is worth so....

Shame the whole lap isn't there, would love to see how far off the race pace he is on it, bet it's not that much, not many Ducatis survive the TT, an 888 finished third once, a supermono won once, that's about it i think....

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Shame the whole lap isn't there, would love to see how far off the race pace he is on it, bet it's not that much, not many Ducatis survive the TT, an 888 finished third once, a supermono won once, that's about it i think....
One name. Mike Hailwood. 1978. Winner, Isle of Man TT. On a Ducati. ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts