Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for answers from only owners who DID NOT do any upgrade to ecu or a reflash when installing a full system. Want to know my options because I hate the full termi can, and want to do a mivv,or LV ,etc... Just trying to find out how bike runs? Any issues? Etc? What exhaust/header combo when you answer?Thanx in advance

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
well i will go first then ......

mivv mid pipe and can , original header pipes , lots of popping .IMO Bike really misses the butterfly valve until it warms up ( but i dont quite know why ) Will be looking to do the rexxer flash which supposedly cures "everything" :rolleyes: ....

if i had a choice , i would be doing a proper tune , but cant get that here :(

This past week has me thinking of what one person waaaaaay back in 2010 . He cut the cat in half , stripping out the guts and welding it back ... he actually may have been ahead of his time

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i will go first then ......

mivv mid pipe and can , original header pipes , lots of popping .IMO Bike really misses the butterfly valve until it warms up ( but i dont quite know why ) Will be looking to do the rexxer flash which supposedly cures "everything" :rolleyes: ....

if i had a choice , i would be doing a proper tune , but cant get that here :(

This past week has me thinking of what one person waaaaaay back in 2010 . He cut the cat in half , stripping out the guts and welding it back ... he actually may have been ahead of his time
Any issues with bike if you do gut the cat?

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
Any issues with bike if you do gut the cat?
i cant remember any at the time .. you just had to be handy . the thread had plenty of pics and instructions . You achieve opening up the bike a bit .. but of course that didnt solve the lean fuel map ....

·
Registered
805 Posts
also mivv decat and can...
added fatducs to smooth out the lean running...
recently stsrted getting lots of backfire, much louder than just decel popping.
took the fatducs off thismorning and seems much smoother now.

bikes been in and out of the shop a lot latley... not sure if a new map got loaded durning the 24000km service. Id be surprised if it was, but cant explain the difference atmo.

At least i should get some fuel economy back...

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
Full Arrow and fatducs. Stock ecu, runs great.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
3/4 Arrow exhaust, K&N air filter. Fatducs seemed to help early in season, but recently feel like it's searching for fuel. I just got my ECU flashed by MotoWheels, will install tonight!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Full Arrow and fatducs. Stock ecu, runs great.
+1

I have the same setup and installed it this weekend. I dont have much time in the saddle with it yet but my initial impressions are:

- for a cost effective solution the fat ducs allows this setup to run pretty good
- I feel that I might have lost a bit of power overall with this setup compared to stock.
- the lower RPM range is vastly improved - much smoother and more power!
- it seems as though there is a bit of a "hole" in gears 4-6 at around 5-6k RPM. meaning that when I roll the throttle on at higher speeds it doesnt have the punch it had before.
- the arrow system is awesome. sounds great and looks even better
- plan to get the full reflash/remap when I think there is a really good solution that is cost effective. Right now there are lots of custom maps with lots of dyno time and that is just to expensive for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thank you for input. Has anyone tuned/reprogrammed the ecu of bike right on the dyno ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I very recently installed the Termi full system, including the Termi air filter and ECU. No other performance mods (i.e. fatducs or flash).

I'm extremely pleased with the performance. It cleaned up the hunting and surging in the 2500-3500 RPM range, revs quicker, and feels a bit stronger throughout the entire RPM range. I also really like the sound--much deeper and more agressive tone without being obnoxiously loud.

I don't think it's ugly, but I do wish it were prettier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts