Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering an 02 ST4S. But it doesn't have bags. I need bags for running errands. I've found a set of Duc bags, but can't find the mounts anywhere.

I have a set of Hepco/Becker side bags but can't figure out if the H/B mounts will fit on the bike. Retailers are ignorant.

Plus I'm going to be riding the bike on dirt roads and through sand washes. I'm now 63. In Nevada/Arizona/Cal/Oregon/Utah. Hmmmm.

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. I'll check. Looks like I'm buying the ST4s. Very nice bike. Just not sure about a Ducati. Costs of parts, no dealers, etc.

Found some Hepco/Becker mounts. But they are for the 944 ST2/3/4?? Anyone know if the ST subframe mounts are the same for all models?

·
Ducati Designs
1,125 Posts
All years the luggage mount mounting points are the same.

Sand washes and dirt roads? The ST will be a handful! The low bars and heavy front end will be challenging.

pg
DD

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
off road challange

All years the luggage mount mounting points are the same.

Sand washes and dirt roads? The ST will be a handful! The low bars and heavy front end will be challenging.

pg
DD
Having done a 7 mile switchback gravel climb from 700 ft to over 8,000 ft I can attest that an ST4 will be a challange off road. I would opt for another Duc model as a dual sport.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll only be riding in dirt/sand to/from the RV I park in the desert. Not really dual sporting it. So I'm hoping I will only fall down a few times each trip.

But I can't afford to buy a new set of hard bags at $700+. Anyone know of a used set around?

Everyone is telling me Multistrada instead of ST. Hmmm. That may be a better choice.

Researching the Multistradas. The tank problems should be a killer for any of these. I'm amazed that anyone will buy the bikes. It appears you're forced to replace the gastank every year due to swelling and leakage. Wow.

·
Mr Leakered
8,944 Posts
The ST is a great choice, IMO. If your a mechanic, you'll do fine with it. I've only really needed a shop (for parts only) a few times in 4.5yrs and 45k.

Have a good one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts