Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nicky Hayden LE 848 Spotted

Coming back into Bakersfield this afternoon southbound on the 99 around 2:30, a new Hayden 848 from Beverly Hills Ducati passed us. Since we were in the cage he didn't pay any attention to us. I sped up to get a closer look. What a BEAUTIFUL bike! Looks much better in person than in the MC rags.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
There's one local here is Stockton. I might know this guy.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Notice..............

.....................the 2 posters bad rapping Nicky. One has 2 posts & the other has 8 posts. I think I smell some Trolls. I'm sure both of them could probably smoke Nicky on the track.
Gregg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll speak up in defense of one of those "trolls." I bought my first bike in June. It's a Monster. I currently suck and even if I were the shit in the neighborhood, I'm sure even the Kentucky Kid would be better. *wink* I said he can't finish in the top 10 reliably. Does that suggest I could? And I choose not to get paid to do this why?

MotoGP riders hold themselves up for criticism on a different level than the rest of us. I'm sorry if you've got a man-crush on him but relative to his teammate on equal equipment, he sucks. He was great on a Honda but on the Ducati GP, he's not doing that great.

I thought it was funny that people were wondering if Ducati would get Lorenzo to replace Stoner. Didn't make sense to me. Even with the illness, Stoner is always faster than Nicky. And Stoner can get over his illness. Nicky might not ever get accustomed to this bike.

BTW, trolls typically say stupid shit like "My whatever is faster than your whatever." "You overpaid." etc. I love Ducatis and as soon as I get my skills up, I'm adding an 848 to my stable.

Once more with feeling... Hayden's a disappointment.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i wonder if they are real signed ltd edition bikes ,or just regular 848's with the nicky fairings

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Perhaps when you can ride as fast as Nicky Hayden your comment might bare some revelence. He has won a Moto Gp title, what have you won??
Oh right because to only way you can critisize someone is when you're better then they are...
He just made a joke about hayden's lack of consistancy. You don't need a motogp titel to see his results.

PS: I like nicky, however saying nobody can say something about his results because he won a titel 3 years ago makes no sense to me.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Maybe it's because this tired argument that you're bringing up doesn't belong in this thread. Make your own in the racing section and leave the bike admiration thread for admiration.

I'll speak up in defense of one of those "trolls." I bought my first bike in June. It's a Monster. I currently suck and even if I were the shit in the neighborhood, I'm sure even the Kentucky Kid would be better. *wink* I said he can't finish in the top 10 reliably. Does that suggest I could? And I choose not to get paid to do this why?

MotoGP riders hold themselves up for criticism on a different level than the rest of us. I'm sorry if you've got a man-crush on him but relative to his teammate on equal equipment, he sucks. He was great on a Honda but on the Ducati GP, he's not doing that great.

I thought it was funny that people were wondering if Ducati would get Lorenzo to replace Stoner. Didn't make sense to me. Even with the illness, Stoner is always faster than Nicky. And Stoner can get over his illness. Nicky might not ever get accustomed to this bike.

BTW, trolls typically say stupid shit like "My whatever is faster than your whatever." "You overpaid." etc. I love Ducatis and as soon as I get my skills up, I'm adding an 848 to my stable.

Once more with feeling... Hayden's a disappointment.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
From the duc site : "This US-exclusive model features an American inspired paint scheme, aptly fit for its introduction on the 4th of July, personally autographed gas tank, and model updates for the 2010 year. Check out the video of the Nicky's photo shoot with the bike below!"
"

·
Registered
22 Posts
The subject of this thread is "NH 848 Spotted". A thread on that subject is certainly and rightly subject to people on both sides of the fence. One side: "Wow. I love the patriotic paint scheme and the mediocre results this bike represents." Another side (the one I implied with my wisecrack): "Why did they choose a non-raced 848 model to receive a race specific replica paint job? Why did they give the honor to NH instead of CS?"

Seriously, I understand responding with hostility toward guys hanging around just trying to instigate stuff but that's not going on here. I'm a real Duc fan who thinks the NH 848 is kind of a lame marketing gimmick. The TB 1098R is totally different. It represents a winning bike and a winning rider. The NH 848 is unraced by anyone much less NH and NH has yet to win on any Ducati.

But, in the interest of playing nice... sorry for disagreeing with your opinion.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I found the jab funny! And I think the bike has some good elements and some really bad ones and just to clarify, by elements I'm mean the paint job. :D

I've seen it at PI and well....

·
Registered
698 Posts
The subject of this thread is "NH 848 Spotted". A thread on that subject is certainly and rightly subject to people on both sides of the fence. One side: "Wow. I love the patriotic paint scheme and the mediocre results this bike represents." Another side (the one I implied with my wisecrack): "Why did they choose a non-raced 848 model to receive a race specific replica paint job? Why did they give the honor to NH instead of CS?"

Seriously, I understand responding with hostility toward guys hanging around just trying to instigate stuff but that's not going on here. I'm a real Duc fan who thinks the NH 848 is kind of a lame marketing gimmick. The TB 1098R is totally different. It represents a winning bike and a winning rider. The NH 848 is unraced by anyone much less NH and NH has yet to win on any Ducati.

But, in the interest of playing nice... sorry for disagreeing with your opinion.
I must admit I found this jab also very funny :crazy:

You are on a roll turningman! :D Ohh and welcome to Ducati.ms where troll conspiracy theorists abound at any mention or jab towards Ducati and all that it does.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts