Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I read that one on paper when it came out. Neil Graham is now editor of the magazine, and doing a great job. Re-reading that article though, I must admit I was thinking to myself "If you had that much trouble changing timing belts, you really might like to leave the fork rebuild to someine else..."

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the early 900 motors had pullies on the cams like the lower ones with a lip. they made it almost impossible to get the belts off without removing the timing shaft pulley. or doing what i do and get the side cutters out and remove the lip. that works a treat, is very quick and removes the hassle next time.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Ah, I guess I should cut poor Neil some slack then! I have only ever changed belts on the injected bikes, and that is a pretty easy job.

·
Registered
662 Posts
... Neil Graham is now editor of the magazine, and doing a great job.
Great news....I dumped my subscription when Bruce Reeve quit in 2005. Didn't like the new guy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great news....I dumped my subscription when Bruce Reeve quit in 2005. Didn't like the new guy.
me too ...i checked out when bruce and max burns quit. i still think cc is a notch or two above the crap u.s. rags...prolly not as good as the brit or aussie stuff imho.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I checked out because I was tired of Bruce and Max... Boring fluffy reviews and they changed from the stapled magazine spine which was much easier to read.
After the story of crashing the Triumph Rocket was the last call; they blamed the bike, the roads: everything but the rider.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Check out a recent issue. Neil and Uwe have made it something special. NOT the place to go for detailed tech info on new bikes - it really isn't competing in that arena. But it does provide a uniquely Canadian persepctive, and the writing makes Sport Rider look like it was written by 5th graders. Make that ESL 5th graders.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check out a recent issue. Neil and Uwe have made it something special. NOT the place to go for detailed tech info on new bikes - it really isn't competing in that arena. But it does provide a uniquely Canadian persepctive, and the writing makes Sport Rider look like it was written by 5th graders. Make that ESL 5th graders.
sounds good...ive enjoyed any of Neils stuff ive managed to read. Never heard of Uwe..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Check out a recent issue.....
I most certainly will.

Hehe...I got into a flame war with Costa Mouzouris on some of his early blunders. Stupid things; like he mispelled Yonge Street in the editorial. I was just POd Bruce had left. He ended up printing my email in the "Ugly" section of feedback. A badge of honour I wear 'till this day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts