Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a nice, brief article comparing the SFS and the KTM Super Duke in the October issue of the British magazine, Performance Bikes. The gist of the article is that the extra power and tech of the SFS makes it the only naked superbike that rivals or exceeds the riding experience on the SD. I agree with all of the points in the article from my own day-to-day comparison of these two bikes. The SD is a bit more comfortable, and actually feels tame to me after I've been riding the SFS for a few days. Never thought I'd say that before I added the SFS to my stable. I still love the slightly quicker handling and greater comfort of the SD, though, for a change from the SFS.

It's all good!:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am trying to decide wether to go with the kTM SD-R or the stanadard SF. Love the look and quality of the SF where the SD-R does not have the same level of polish.

Having swung a leg over each today the SD-R feels more roomy and natural (for a dirt rider). The SF feels more compact/cramped with lower bars.

Want to go with the SF but......???

·
Bon Vivant
10,913 Posts
After my long test ride of the SD I commented "it feels like a dirt bike with a big thumpy v-twin motor."
I think you guys got it right. The Streetfighter is more like an aggressive streetbike than a dirt bike.
Although it is somewhat comfortable to ride it's clear that the road and track is it's home and it was designed for those things.
That's what set's it apart in my opinoin.

There are lots of supermoto style bikes out there that feel more like a dirtbike if that's what you're after
but the Streetfighter's home is asphalt and it's designed to excel there.
After all, the design was based on a sportbike.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree. After my long test ride of the SD I commented "it feels like a dirt bike with a big thumpy v-twin motor."
I also think this is about right. Which is a good thing. :D
The SF is more overtly a naked superbike. I love them both.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good point, and after a very short reflection I ordered the SF this afternoon :D

·
Bon Vivant
10,913 Posts
When the Hpermotard came out I seriously considered trading my S2R1000 for one.

I went to the dealer and took a Hyper for a ride. It is a really great bike and I liked just about everything about it.
But the Monster just feels more like a naked streetbike - an upright sportbike, and that's more what I wanted then.
So I stuck with the Monster.

Now the Streetfighter takes that naked sportbike idea to a new level.
It's still what I want now and it's definitely the right bike for me.

But I also must say that I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a WR450 Supermoto... :D
(if your gonna do it - do it right)

·
Registered
36 Posts
[

But I also must say that I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a WR450 Supermoto... :D
(if your gonna do it - do it right)[/QUOTE]

To do it right - I suggest the Husky SMR 510 ;) The extra HP and torque is nice not to mention you really should go for the Italian built husky considereing the company it will be keeping in your garage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Which is quicker over a 100m? I am betting the Husky?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts