Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day today, so took off after an early lunch for a nice ride. Picked up Hwy 113 in MN, which is a well respected motorcycle road in the state. While scenic and curvy, the road is in need of a resurface and there was notable amounts of loose gravel. Still, a nice ride. Over 200 miles total, the first big ride on the ST4S.

It's a good road for that bike. I didn't ride hard, most of the turns are sweepers, the kind that you just enjoy more than think about. Only once did I hit the brakes going into a corner, and that was where there was not only gravel in the curve, but a bad patch job as well. Couldn't make a good line, so hit the binders and recalculated. Otherwise, in spite of bumps and frost heaves, it was a really nice experience. My comfort level with the ST4S has grown substantially. The curves came naturally, with a certain ease that is hard to describe. I'm going to make the same loop next week with the Triumph Sprint ST which should make an interesting counterpoints.

Got to get my body used to this. More exercise and more time in the saddle. My hands were a bit numb at the end of the trip. Tough on old guys.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Cool. Nothing like seat time. :grin2:

Nice here too and did 220 miles on my Monster 1200, longest ride on it yet for me. Substitute M12 for ST4S and I agree with it all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like a fantastic day across the map for afternoon rides today! I got to log a 120 mile ride out Hwy 141 to Gateway in Colorado today on the ST4. Just buttoned it up from doing the valves, cam belts, plugs and wires, oil change, and chain and sprockets. It ran perfectly, and I never went over double the speed limit :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
It's nice to read your ride report instead of your whine report. >:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts