Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So i picked up my 2006 st3 this week, logged about 400 miles on her. Looking to replace the stock seat. The two I am looking at are the Sargent and the Corbin - like the Corbin because i can get a backrest with it for my passenger. Givi top case is a future add as well so back rest pad on top case may just be fine. Thought on these two seats for long range comfort ? is there another seat some of you prefer ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
I think if you ran a poll, the Sargent probably out numbers the Corbin, but the stock seat is great. I have used the stock ST3 seat for years with a Sheep skin cover, I couldn't imagine anything better.
I just sold a Sargent seat as I didn't have a use for it.

Craig

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I must add Russell Day Long into the mix.
They may be pricey and to some , ugly, but for two up comfort nothing is better.
It's a 1000 mile a day seat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've had the stock ST3, Corbin close, and Ducati Performance gel seat. IF you can find one, the Ducati Performance is the best of the three. Between the stock seat and the Corbin, the stock seat was more comfortable in the short term, but after 100 miles it was too soft. The Corbin was certainly very firm, but was pretty comfortable and didn't cause me pain like the stocker after an hour.

YBMV (Your butt may vary):grin2:

Scott L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts